can't create a directory on one share

Go to solution Solved by tzotz,

Hi guys,

I'm getting this error message 0x8007045D when I try to create a folder on one (and only one) of my shares.  The complete message is attached.  This only happens on one specific share and not on other shares.  Any suggestions as to why? If more information is needed just name it.

Thanks for your help, tzotz

0x8007045d.jpg

I would suggest you run a check filesystem on disk3 because I saw this in the syslog/;

May  4 16:56:52 Tower kernel: REISERFS warning (device md3): jdm-20002 reiserfs_xattr_get: Invalid hash for xattr

Whether that will fix your problem I do not know but that share is partly on disk3 so it just might.  It would also do no harm to also do this on the other drives just to play safe.

Were the diagnostics taken after you encountered the problem?    If not it might be worth recreating the issue and then posting new diagnostics to see if something then shows up.

Not directly relevant to your current issue but you might want to consider migrating your array disks off being reiserfs format.    Reiserfs is now deprecated and at some point in the not too distant future support for it is planned to be removed from the Linux kernel and at that point new Unraid releases will also probably stop supporting it.

• Solution

Problem solved although I can't really say why.  I changed permissions for "Everyone" and I could create a folder then changed it back to what it was and I could create a folder where I couldn't do it before. Why? I don't know - it works.

Thanks.