Possible loss of 10TB data even though I have parity drive

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi, Im hoping someone can help. 

So recently I upgraded to a 6 port SATA PCIE card, after which I noticed one of my 10TB drives was disabled so I followed the instructions here: 

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Storage_Management#Rebuilding_a_drive_onto_itself

Following that it took 24 hours to sync and then the drive changed from a red cross to a green icon, however I still see "Unmountable: Wrong or no file system" next to the drive. 

Also now my Array is shrunk and I notice some files cannot be found :(

I think the drive is mechanically fine, but it was full and now I think I have lost all the data?

Thanks I just tried this, it results in an extremely long result window with some of my file names seen but stating for example "in shortform directory 19158905110 references non-existent inode 4262355445"

with the last few lines being: 

No modify flag set, skipping phase 5 Inode allocation btrees are too corrupted, skipping phases 6 and 7 Maximum metadata LSN (2:2244458) is ahead of log (2:2244140). Would format log to cycle 5. No modify flag set, skipping filesystem flush and exiting.

8 minutes ago, Fantomm3 said:

Hi, Im hoping someone can help. 

So recently I upgraded to a 6 port SATA PCIE card, after which I noticed one of my 10TB drives was disabled so I followed the instructions here: 

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Storage_Management#Rebuilding_a_drive_onto_itself

Following that it took 24 hours to sync and then the drive changed from a red cross to a green icon, however I still see "Unmountable: Wrong or no file system" next to the drive. 

Also now my Array is shrunk and I notice some files cannot be found :(

I think the drive is mechanically fine, but it was full and now I think I have lost all the data?

it is worth pointing out that there are multiple references in that section that the rebuild process will NOT clear an unmountable status and the section on handling unmountable disks says that the correct handling (ideally before attempting the rebuild) is to use the check filesystem process.