Sabnzb

nzbhydra

radarr

sonarr

plex

overseerr

Deluge

Pics of share etc.

I have only 30 movies in Plex at the moment so nothing crazy and have plenty of storage. Ever since i installed my cache drive this server seems to be crashing multiple times and is up currently with no issue.

I'd like to add screenshots of my Mover settings, shares and such so maybe i can get some help.

Super noob here so if i missed anything just let me know and i'll be glad to add any additional info.

thanks

On 5/10/2023 at 5:35 AM, itimpi said:

@bugthumpin  Just for interest what share do you think Mover should be moving?   Even from the screenshots I can see that the only share set to Use Cache=Yes (which is required for files to be moved from cache to array) is the 'isos' share and that is already all on the array.

From my understanding, everything would get sent to the cache drive and i would set the Mover to 'move' every 8 hours or so

I'm still learning and totally open to and ELI5 approach if im not understanding that correctly. I'm still having issues understanding why the 1TB cache disk is  almost full. Although this morning it looks like it freed up 200~GB of data after i set all shares to 'Yes' instead of "prefer" and then hit "Move"

This has been quite a learning curve and i get lost/confused as i'm trying to learn how each of these containers works plus Unraid itself so excuse my ignorance

4 minutes ago, bugthumpin said:

From my understanding, everything would get sent to the cache drive and i would set the Mover to 'move' every 8 hours or so

Whether mover transfers files when it runs and in which direction is controlled by the settings for a particular share.  

you can find out how much space is used by each share and on what drives by using the Compute button on the Shares tab.

6 minutes ago, bugthumpin said:

Although this morning it looks like it freed up 200~GB of data after i set all shares to 'Yes' instead of "prefer" and then hit "Move"

That would be expected as only the Yes setting causes file to be transferred from cache to array.   However, you do not normally want all shares set to Yes.   The appdata and system shares you normally want set to Prefer (which means keep files on cache if space permits) to maximise performance of docker containers and VMs.

You will also find that mover can be slow if it is moving lots of small files because it does quite a few checks before moving any file.

On 5/11/2023 at 10:03 AM, itimpi said:

That would be expected as only the Yes setting causes file to be transferred from cache to array.   However, you do not normally want all shares set to Yes.   The appdata and system shares you normally want set to Prefer (which means keep files on cache if space permits) to maximise performance of docker containers and VMs.

Does this eventually fill up the cache? What eventually happens to these files?

Just now, bugthumpin said:

Does this eventually fill up the cache?

Only as far as the Minimum Free Space setting.   When that is reached new files start by-passing the cache and overflowing to the array

1 minute ago, bugthumpin said:

What eventually happens to these files?

Assuming you are talking about the Prefer setting then they stay on the cache.    There are plugins such as appdata backup that can back up such shares to the main array at regular intervals.

4 hours ago, bugthumpin said:

Does this eventually fill up the cache? What eventually happens to these files?

Unless you have misconfigured dockers, appdata and system typically don't grow much. Assuming your cache isn't unreasonably small they should not fill cache.