can anyone help me understand what went wrong with my preclears?

I bought two 20tb drives and was preclearing them both and both failed. It looks like something went wrong with the zeroing, both have a line in the log saying "dd process hung at..." and so I'm wondering if that caused an issue with the post read? But the dd process hang was near the end of the zeroing and the post read failed kind of early on.

Any help interpreting these logs would be appreciated, I'm just not sure if it's something I should be worried about or not.

preclear_disk_ZVT51BBP_37942.txt preclear_disk_ZVT6L4TC_33438.txt

So for the whole background, I precleared both of these drives and they post read failed so I did some looking around and saw people recommending memtest to other people, so I ran memtest  for 24 hours and had no issues.

Then I did another preclear with these drives and they finished with no issues.

After that I figured I'd run 1 more preclear to double check that all issues were taken care of and that's when I got these failures.

Should I run a 3-4 day memtest because it takes 3-4 days to preclear these drives or are there other things that I could/should look into?

@JorgeB I'm closing in on my second 24 hour memtest run with no errors. I'm still considering letting it just go for 72 or 96 hours because that's how long a preclear takes. 

Assuming I get though the memtest with no issues would you still suggest pulling half the RAM and running the preclear or do you have any other ideas on troubleshooting paths I could take?

image.thumb.png.8107f1591275aac46410a1e401e6ab02.png