All my disks are showing unmountable

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

If anyone can help it would be really appreciated!

I don't know what happened. Every disk now says unsupported format. Still says configuration valid but when i go to start the array it starts it but tells me all my disks are unmountable and has the format button on. It started when i went into the bios and changed the time, then i went into my controller options and set the backplane mode from ibpi to sgpio, and that was it.

My storage controller is an Adaptec 71605 running in HBA mode. The system is on a Supermicro X12SCQ motherboard with a 10700 and 32GB of ddr4. I have run it in maintenance mode and checked the filesystem on the 3 reiserfs and the 3 xfs. no errors on the reiserfs but the xfs said there was an issue with the superblock and it found a secondary superblock. so then i ran it again without the -n  attribute and it seemed to repair them.  But it still says unknown on the partition format on all of them. after restarting I again tried to start the array but still had all the same results. Thank you in advance for any help and if any screenshots are needed.

18 hours ago, SSGoku_usa said:

My storage controller is an Adaptec 71605 running in HBA mode

There are know to re-write the MBR of the disks, depending on how big the damage is a rebuild might help, assuming parity is valid, to test unassign one of the data disks, start array and post new diags.

• Solution

Since the emulated disk is mounting and assuming contents look correct you can rebuild on top, Unraid will recreate the partition layout on the disk, once that's done you can repeat for the other disks, one at a time, or since you have dual parity you can do two at a time, with some increased risk of course.

I will stick with one at a time just in case. Thank you so much I've been stressing a bit since yesterday. I think I will go ahead and buy a new controller. I was looking at the lsi 9400 16i. I hope that controller will be much better. Again I really really appreciate your help!

• Like 1