Unraid Crashes/becomes unresponsive every few days

Intel Celeron J1900 with 8 GB RAM. (7-8 year old machine) with 4 SATA ports and a PCIE card that adds 4 more SATA ports.
I installed Unraid trial license 24 days ago and since install Unraid has crashed 3-4 times. Last crash was yesterday (May 18, between 9 and 10 PM EST). I had enabled Syslog mirror to flash and attached is a copy of the logs. I do not see any errors. Please advise on how to identify root cause and fix it.

No Parity drive setup yet, still playing around with it and moving data to it. Coming from 2 bay Synology, that gave me no troubles.

syslog

I know this isn't comprehensive because I've spent a whopping 5 minutes looking at the syslog you uploaded, but there are some issues with your CPU and the Linux kernel used on this version of unRAID. Note this message:

ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB._OSC.CDW1], AE_NOT_FOUND (20220331/psargs-330)

Reference: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=213023

There may be further issues that would be easier to see outside of unRAID, such as doing a memory test to see if you have any RAM instability, etc. While I love how Linux stuff can run on anything, it can also... run on anything. Garbage in, garbage out, right? Still, you might try a newer version of unRAID (like 6.12 RC6 that released yesterday or the day before) to see if it's happier with your CPU. But again, this smacks of hardware (with a sprinkling of kernel-hardware incompatibility). I'll keep perusing and see if I find anything else specific you can look at.

• Upvote 1

Thanks @digitaljock. I will google the error you've pointed out.

I agree, the system I am using isn't the greatest. I built this years ago to run a NAS like FreeNAS or Unraid. But back then I ended up going with a 2 bay Synology (which I like). I really appreciate your help in investigating and troubleshooting this.

Thanks @Squid. I already enabled syslog server (mirror to flash). The copy I uploaded with the first post is the copy that was saved on Flash and captures the failed time period.

I had not attached diagnostics because my assumption was that it may not included logs after a reboot. My assumption may be wrong here. Anyways, attached is a copy of diagnostics that I just downloaded.

homenas10-diagnostics-20230519-2059.zip