Unraid showing offline, cant access GUI

Hi,

My server has randomly started to do the same today after completing a data rebuild after upgrading a hdd.

The server seems to remain powered on but is showing as offline and the GUI is unreachable, only a hard reboot solves it.

I enabled the syslog server after the 2nd time it happened then after an hour it happened again.

After 2nd offline and force reboot the server remained online for an hour and went offline again but came back after couple mins. My internet did not go offline, the server threw a notification of unclean shutdown even ddoe it didn't loose power and started a parity check.

It is currently almost 17hrs into the parity check and has not gone offline yet. All i have done in the meantime is upgrade from 6.11.1 to 6.11.5.

I honestly have no idea what to look for nor where to start any help would much appreciated. 

syslog olympus-diagnostics-20230531-1927.zip

Unfortunately there's nothing relevant logged, this usually points to a hardware issue, one thing you can try is to boot the server in safe mode with all docker/VMs disabled, let it run as a basic NAS for a few days, if it still crashes it's likely a hardware problem, if it doesn't start turning on the other services one by one, also and if you haven't yet check the link below for some Ryzen related known issues:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=819173

23 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Unfortunately there's nothing relevant logged, this usually points to a hardware issue, one thing you can try is to boot the server in safe mode with all docker/VMs disabled, let it run as a basic NAS for a few days, if it still crashes it's likely a hardware problem, if it doesn't start turning on the other services one by one, also and if you haven't yet check the link below for some Ryzen related known issues:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=819173

So small update, parity completed all ok and server remained online through the whole parity check but an hour after completion it has gone offline even ddoe its still powered up? 

No dockers were running at all and i dont have any VM's

Edited by Olympus_Media
6 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Check if the BIOS has that setting, if yes it might not need updating, though updating to latest may also help.

So check under power settings on bios and does not have it. BIOS not updated since 2018 about to update to latest bios

20230602_190254.jpg

Edited by Olympus_Media

Im guessing this might be the /var/log fill issue that there are now about 6 or 7 different posts about.   

OP, if you're not headless, you should still have command line access physically on the server.  check your /var/log fullness with

du -sm /var/log/*

You should also be able to cat /var/log/syslog from there and see if its filled with NGINX Error 6 spam.   

If it is, check my post here: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/138726-612-webui-inaccessible-and-varlog-full/#comment-1267931

@Eddie Seelkealso seems to be having a similar issue here: