LAST CALL on the Unraid Summer Sale! 😎 ⌛ ×

Samba Permissions - Other users can't read write

So... I have two users: "windowspc" and "homeserver1" they both have read/write access to my "main-array" share. 

I connect with my ubuntu server with the following /etc/fstab entry:

//192.168.4.24/main-array /mnt/storage-server-01 cifs vers=3.0,rw,_netdev,noserverino,credentials=/etc/storage-server-creds,file_mode=0666,dir_mode=0777 0 0

I create a folder on my server using the above. Its connected with "homeserver1". When doing "ls -al" on the unraid server I see I made:

drwxrwx---+ 1 homeserver1 users     6 Jun  4 00:28 test/

This clearly means that when I try to view the folder on a network mount from my windows machine, which is connected with the "windowspc" user I don't have the ability to read that folder.

Any ideas? TIA

Try running the New Permissions script (  Tools   >>>   New Permissions  ) on just the share  'main-array' and see if that fixes the problem. 

The permissions of   drwxrwx---+   are an indication that ACL (access control list) permissions have been set on that directory.  See here:

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/what-is-in-drwxrwxrwx-915243/

I am not a Linux user but I suspect that something you have set up in the fstab entry for this share is responsible for this.  (You might want to dumb down your SMB controls as a start.  Allow Unraid to manage directory and file creation permissions.)

25 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Try running the New Permissions script (  Tools   >>>   New Permissions  ) on just the share  'main-array' and see if that fixes the problem. 

The permissions of   drwxrwx---+   are an indication that ACL (access control list) permissions have been set on that directory.  See here:

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/what-is-in-drwxrwxrwx-915243/

I am not a Linux user but I suspect that something you have set up in the fstab entry for this share is responsible for this.  (You might want to dumb down your SMB controls as a start.  Allow Unraid to manage directory and file creation permissions.)

Thanks for your response. The new permissions script fixes the already created directories but when I end up creating another directory the directory has the same issue.

I thought the ACL was interesting but the same happens when I create a directory from a windows machine too so I don't think its my fstab entry? I have removed the dir_mode and file_mode with no success.