Unraid losing internet access - watchdog app?

cbr600ds2

Hello -

I'm just wondering - so every once in a while my server loses access to the internet.  I can't figure it out and it doesn't seem to cause any errors in syslogs.  If I stop the array and restart it then internet access will be back.  I figure an ok work around would be an app that notifies me once it loses internet connectivity.  has anyone seen an app that can accomplish this?   

I threw together a little script that if run at array start should fire a GUI notification when a ping to 1.1.1.1 fails. YMMV, no warranties, this is worth exactly what you paid for it.

#!/bin/bash
while ping -c 1 -n -w 1 1.1.1.1 &> /dev/null
do
sleep 1m
done
/usr/local/emhttp/webGui/scripts/notify -s "Ping failed" -i "warning" -m "1.1.1.1 not responding"  -d "1.1.1.1 not responding"

If someone sees something wrong with this, please say something. I can't really test it right now.

If run at array start using user scripts plugin, it should ping that address every minute, until the ping fails, then it fires a warning and exits, waiting for you to stop and start the array.

• Like 1