We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Need to upgrade cache drives to larger ones

I need to upgrade my 3x500gb nvme drives to 3x2tb drives. If I set my shares to "no" will everything move to the array so I can swap my drives out? I'm also assuming that I need to make sure I have all dockers and VMs stopped in order to move all data. Is this the easiest way? 

cache : no means mover doesn't move anything. Click on the question mark at the top right of the GUI to toggle the help text, it explains what the different settings do.

stopping the containers and the VM's isn't enough, you need to disable the docker and vm services in settings, you will know you got it right when the GUI tabs for docker and vm's are completely gone from the GUI page.

Theoretically if your current cache pool is a healthy BTRFS redundant array you could swap the drives out one at a time, but I've seen people lose data trying it.

@JorgeB could tell you if that should work in your situation if you attach diagnostics to your next post in this thread.