Well, deleted all my data probably

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I think I just deleted all my data. My original plan was to change the filesystem of one of my data drives. So I stopped the array, changed the FS, started the array. Now it said unmountable. Now for some reason, god nows why, I clicked format the drive. I know there's a lot of warnings that it does not belong to a parity rebuild and you should not do this, but for whatever reason I thought: Yea it is fine in this case, it will rebuild from parity when I format the drive, because how else should I tell unraid to do it. Well, that was obviously wrong.

After that I thought "Well, this is not working, let's find a guide." So I used all of the steps of this guide afterwards: https://flemmingss.com/replacing-a-data-drive-in-unraid/ . After 5 minutes into the parity rebuild I realized that I messed up. I stopped the array and exported diagnostics.

Maybe someone could have a look at the diagnostics and tell me what my next step would be?

Maybe I didn't mess up, but I doubt that.

nass-diagnostics-20230609-1214.zip

Just now, JorgeB said:

Formatting a drive deletes all data there and updates parity accordingly, only option to try an recover the data is to use a deleted file recovery util, like UFS explorer.

Doesn't updating parity for 2 TB of files take a long time? Couldn't parity still be valid?

Edited by FayeInMay
Just a quote

Okay, UFS explorer does recognize all my folders I had at least. Maybe only 30 GB (parity rebuild progress) is gone of 1.5 TB. That would be really good.

I wonder: Does ZFS write to the drive in a specific order? Meaning, do I need to only search block 0 to 2tb or search all blocks? Maybe that's a stupid question, but I have no clue how exactly that works.