USB Ethernet adapter stopped working after update to 6.12.0

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I was using a 2.5g ethernet adapter to connect my PC to my unraid server and it was working as a secondary interface on 6.9.2. I updated to 6.12.0 this morning and that adapter immediately stopped showing up.

It still shows in System Devices and lsusb but doesnt show in the Network Settings or in ifconfig.

Edit: forgot to put the adapter 

Realtek Semiconductor Corp. USB 10/100/1G/2.5G LAN

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0856V9FDH

What do I need to do to get it working again?

tower-diagnostics-20230615-1202.zip

Edited by mattl1598
forgot some details
  • 2 weeks later...

So after doing my testing (I have 3 servers) - 2 ASUS and 1 MSI all with realtek's.

MY PC (RYZEN 9 MINI PC with INTEL I225V) - ASUS MB with 1G (so using the Realtek dongle) and when sending to realtek dongle, getting speeds of 2.5g but when sending from back MY PC, getting 1.8g (using a 3.5g mp4 test file)

With both other Servers conducting the same test, got the same quick transfer TO the server from MY PC, but when going from SERVER to MY PC (1-1.2g Speed).  These are using the built in 2.5g Ports

So the driver definitely helped as far as getting a non working 2.5 USB adapter recognized again.   

This is the link to Amazon dongle that I used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084L4JL9K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If we can only figure out why the speed other direction is slower.   Server to Server transfer is also 1g but i don't think i can use this driver on those because it's not the same realtek, both of the servers are 8125B - would I cause a problem with using these drivers??