Reboot after parity check, Can't diagnose issue

36 minutes ago, fernandes999 said:

i am trying to disagnose what is causing my unraid to keep restarting after a parity check

Not sure if you are talking about  crash followed by it restarting or if it seems to do a tidy shutdown followed by a reboot?   Are you getting an unclean shutdown message after restarting?  If a crash I would think the most likely culprit is power as that would be when the system is normally driving the PSU the hardest.

You could try setting up the syslog server a get a log that survives a reboot to see if that gives any clue.  Also the full diagnostics zip file rather than just the syslog file you posted is better.

On 6/16/2023 at 10:35 AM, itimpi said:

Not sure if you are talking about  crash followed by it restarting or if it seems to do a tidy shutdown followed by a reboot?   Are you getting an unclean shutdown message after restarting?  If a crash I would think the most likely culprit is power as that would be when the system is normally driving the PSU the hardest.

You could try setting up the syslog server a get a log that survives a reboot to see if that gives any clue.  Also the full diagnostics zip file rather than just the syslog file you posted is better.

this is what happenes -

• server restarts 
  • I start parity 
  • it crashes or restarts (this is where the problem is and try to get bottom why its happening)
  • cycle starts again withe me in parity start screen.

I dont get unclean shutdown message after it restarts

I can't seem to get the syslog server (Kiwi Syslog server) working on a pc i use. Instead i have got unraid to mirror log to unraid flash usb.

i have added a few diagnostics. (All were found in the Unraid flash usb)

syslog tower-diagnostics-20230617-0931.zip tower-diagnostics-20230617-1720.zip