Out of memory errors detected on your server

Hi all

I've been suffering occasional Out of Memory Errors for a while and haven't been able to get to the bottom of them myself. Can anyone help me resolve them?

I haven't noted any issues with this until recently, then the last few days my MyMedia for Alexa Docker keeps stopping and won't auto-restart so I'm wondering if that is related.

My diagnostics are attached.

TIA

tower-diagnostics-20230619-1126.zip

Edited by be4con

Thanks, it happens periodically, maybe once per month on average. How do I go about limiting the RAM for VMs and/or docker containers?

Do you think this could be the reason that the MyMedia docker keeps stopping, or should I look for specific help with that docker community? 

• 2 weeks later...

Still having issues. 

I upgraded my RAM to 16Gb, and I also limited the memory use to 4Gb per docker as advised. I have yet to institute a swap file, but before I do that I thought we should explore further why this might be happening. I'm not running anything especially RAM heavy - I only have 2 active dockers, Delugevpn and MyMedia for Alexa - and there should be plenty of available RAM for what I am trying to achieve without adding a swap file surely?

Any further advice before I explore swap files? 

3 hours ago, be4con said:

I've added the swapfile plugin and started it with 8MB file.

The error has gone for the moment but as soon as I did this I got 2 new errors reported, not sure if correlation or causation:

image.png.9a78fa31b221bdc70a767d8aa827074a.png

The second one is the worrying one - it implies you have something writing to a location that is RAM.

Thanks

Oh, it's definitely misbehaving. I've got another support chat running about that container, although the support thread for the docker is pretty much dead. I've been having problems with it constantly stopping and refusing to autostart. So, I can't really check whether stopping that resolves anything because more often than not it's in the stopped state.

I went through the process of uninstalling that container, deleting the image and the container's appdata folder and performing a fresh install but the issue with it continually stopping just returned as soon as I reinstalled it, and it's not really behaving normally since I reinstalled it either (it won't index the files on the server). I raised a ticket with the MMfA devs and they have failed to respond to that too. Getting a bit frustrating to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...