Bash Help - Running Mover on the Backup Unraid Server

This is what I'm working with:  I have my Main Unraid server backing up files on my Backup Unraid server.  It does this by a bash script using rsync.  There are SSH keys configured so the Main can write to the Backup server.  The Backup spends most of its time at sleep, with the script running on the Main waking the Backup server before executing the rsync.  The Backup server currently has no cache drive installed.  Writing directly to the array.  Backup server goes to sleep after 15 minutes of inactivity.

I'm thinking of installing a cache drive in the Backup server.  But the cache drive won't help if the Backup server is asleep at the scheduled Mover time.  So the question I have is:

Can the Mover be invoked on the Backup server by a command I can add to my script that is run on the Main server?  If so, what would that look like?

TIA

Why do you even want a cache drive on the backup server?  

Mover is going to be much slower at moving files to the array than rsync would be in writing files to the cache so the backup server would need to be powered on for significantly longer than when you run without the cache and write directly to the array.

Mover is designed to run in idle time when the server is powered on but not otherwise doing much.    From your description this is not how your backup server is expected to run.

3 hours ago, itimpi said:

Why do you even want a cache drive on the backup server?  

To reduce the amount of time the Main server is transferring files/running the backup script.

The Backup server has only one function - a simple NAS that only is accessed by the Main server once a week.  I am not concerned of the extra power used by the Backup doing a two-stage write operation (writing to cache then move to array).  The transfer between Main and Backup servers would be significantly faster writing to SSD cache vs HDD array.

My script runs on the Main server.  I wish to run the Mover on the Backup server after the rsync from Main -> Backup has completed.

@JorgeB Wouldn't adding /usr/local/sbin/mover to the script run the Mover on the Main server, and not the Backup server?

Edited by ConnerVT