New User - Slow Data Transfer - Ethernet Driver?

Hi all,

New to unraid, and I am having issues with my first setup.  
I have 2.5Gig Ethernet connection on my main board, and I am connected to a Gigabit router using Cat 6 cable (approx 10m long), I am getting consistent but slow data transfer rates, and my unraid webinterface is telling me that my 2.5Gig connection is only capable of 100Mbps.  I'm expecting gigabit speeds, as my gigabit router is the weakest link.  Can anybody please tell me why I am only getting 90-100Mbps?

I suspect (because of the web interface) Unraid is missing a driver for my ethernet card, and is therefore "defaulting" to 100Mbps, but I have no idea how to find/install my ethernet driver in unraid - if my assumption is correct, can anybody please enlighten me?

Thanks in advance.

Unraid Interface.png

12 minutes ago, DJHarvs83 said:

I just double checked the cable, and I am able to get 400-500Mbps (my normal internet speed) using the same cable/socket on the router, so that doesn't seem to be the answer.😔

There can also be an issue with a pin on a socket, or even just a badly seated cable.    You get that symptom if there is no end-to-end connection on any pin on an Ethernet link.  

You would need to check the exact cable + sockets connection in some other way (e.g booting a different OS) to see if you get a different result.   A software issue is unlikely I would think.

So... Just to post an update.  I have gotten Unraid to report (and use) 1000Mbps as expected.

As suggested above I shutdown Unraid, and got an instance of Mint booted.  I instantly got 100Mbps as expected with my bottleneck. 
On a whim I then decided to reflash my motherboard, and for some reason - even though it was newly flashed.  Reflashing it and booting into Unraid allowed Unraid to recognise and utilise the full connection speed.

I dont know how, I dont know why, but it appears to be working as intended.  

Thanks @itimpi & @trurlfor your suggestions. 👍