Jump to content

windows share stopped working (accessing via file manager)

Recommended Posts

Just to give a little more background, everything worked perfectly and i started to tinker more and the OS hung up. so i rebooted, and it was stuck on "bz checksum error"  so after half a dozen attempts i just threw caution to the wind and pulled the USB stick to reimage a new Unraid copy.


that booted up and i was soon able to claim/and rebuild my server. i was missing apps and after setting up stuff again i realized that I no longer have access to the shares via windows.


so my question is.. does this array that am using have any specific ties ot the older instance of unraid i was running?  i'm sorry im not a software guy at all and basically follow guides when needed to get into customizing this stuff.


hopefully that makes sense and i can get some ideas what to do,.. or if i need to just blow this thing fully up and start from scratch..'


any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Link to comment
3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

If you are using a new config you may need to re-export the shares, default is no, click on a share and confirm export=yes.



I have toggled the export share option a few times, and tried the New Permissions on a share to see if that did anything.


I have confirmed that my android phone can connect to the shares (with no login) via an app called file manager. so I think it's possibly a windows/unraid thing at this point.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...