We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Condense notifications dropdown in header

Right now when you click the notification button it drops down to the 3 levels of info/warnings/errors then you have to click view then the next button.  It seems cumbersome and not very intuitive.  This probably would be best like something the forum has.  Unraid already has them colored for info/warning/error, so I think having them in categories within the dropdown is too much.  Click notifications button and see all notifications and since they are colored you can immediately tell the type of notification.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

While we are discussing the new notifications viewing system, I'd like to propose a small tweak. Instead of only changing the color of the bell, why not change from a green bell to a yellow exclamation point to a red asymmetric star, like a cartoon splat or crash symbol? That way colour blind people can still tell at a glance which type of notification is showing. The highest level of unread notification would determine which icon was shown on the header.

(BTW, I find it amusing that last year's "ditch ALL the color and go to flat white icons" is slowly going away)