Unraid 6.12.2 Total Mess

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

NEW EDIT:    Well, after waiting 30 hours for a parity rebuild, got everything checked out and reset they I wanted and decided it was time to downgrade. Like I always I have stopped all my dockers and disabled the docker so it wouldn't start up after the downgrade until I was ready. Whoops, forgot to check something and BAM!!!! Can't start the docker service and here we are again, back to 6.12.2 not working. Yeah, yeah, I know, reboot and that should fix it but guess what, it doesn't. I'll have to rebuild parity again. 

So here is my NEW question..........should I just do the down grade without docker service able to be started (assuming that after downgrade the reboot will fix it)? And if the shutdown doesn't cleanly go down, which it hasn't since I installed 6.12.2 over a week ago (and 5 parity rebuilds) is there any concern that the downgrade was done and it is coming back up to complete the downgrade with an unclean shutdown?

PAST EDIT:   Never mind. Found stuff that said a reboot is the only way. Well, once again, wouldn't shut down after sitting for an hour and couldn't kill any process to make it complete, so force a reboot and now will sit around and wait 30 hours for a parity check to finish. Then 6.12.2 is gone. I came from 6.9.2 but am going to try and down grade to 6.11.5.

ORIGINAL:

Well, 6.12.2 has been a total disaster. I can't reboot the server without it failing shutdown, even trying to stop any open processes, etc. So every reboot causes a parity check. Once I let it finish the check, I found the docker.img file corrupt. Got that fixed, and now I find the /mnt/user folder is "missing" or labeled as ?user in MC. When I look at ls-l for the user folder is shows as   "d???????" and all other fields for the listing as "?".            

I can't install any new dockers now even though I was able to install all previous dockers to rebuild the docker.img file. 

I want to downgrade but this missing /mnt/user file has me concerned because now docker what start because of missing path.

What can I do to get it back, just recreate the folder under /mnt or is there something else that needs to be done to fix it. 

Edited Monday at 09:13 PM by jmbailey2000

Edited by jmbailey2000
28 minutes ago, jmbailey2000 said:

Holy crap!!! Where was this during my last 2 messes!!! Awesome!!! I'll give this a try and then see if I can upgrade to rc2 (crossing fingers it has been fixed).

Bing, bang boom......BINGO!!!!!   I might be able to take a few full breaths now and get everything back to normal. Which has been al over me about the media server being down!!! 

I followed the docker.img steps (after making sure the docker settings was set to disabled) to avoid an unclean shutdown. Then did a reboot after upgrading to rc2. 

Rebooted clean. Started array clean. Started docker clean. Looking good so far.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ljm42 said:

Unraid 6.12.3-rc3 is now available which should prevent issues stopping the array:

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/prereleases/unraid-os-version-6123-rc3-available-r2572/

Yep all good, but now I have really weird issue trying to install docker apps from CA. The selection of an app usually hangs without actually starting to load. If it does load, the actual install process shows the downloading, extracting, etc. but never seems to finish. I finally refresh the page and I get a 400 Bad Request error. I have to clear my cache in Chrome to regain access to Unraid's interface.

Otherwise, everything else seems to work.