XFS Corruption

Hello

While moving some files to a storage server everything came to a stop and when I logged into the server I noticed on of my drives said it was unmountable and the wrong file type. After doing some google searching I learned that it was caused by a XFS filesystem error, after trying to to the repair as stated online I have not been able to get it up and going again. Included is a diagnostic I took this morning. Thanks in advance for any support you can offer.

asc-diagnostics-20230715-0946.zip

You mention trying to run an XFS repair, but you do not say in what way it failed!  Were you trying from the GUI or from the command line (as the command line is prone to error).

Were you doing anything different to the instruction in this section of the online documentation that covers handling unmountable disks.

Ran it through the GUI and got a fatal error, fatal error -- couldn't map inode 2149847950, err = 117. The procedure I used is the same as mentioned in the repairing a file system section and it never asked for a -L. I have not tried using the command line method yet but I will have to re-sync the drive since I started it up without it selected in the drive pool. The diagnostics I posted before should have been after I tried the GUI repair, if I messed it up let me know.

43 minutes ago, williamtul11 said:

Says the same thing as the GUI repair and everytime I have tried to repair it has been in maintenance mode. Anything else I can try?

The repair log shows major corruption - I suspect most of the data on the drive will either be lost or end up in the lost+found folder which it takes a LOT of effort to sort out,   Do you have decent backups?

Looks like the repair failed as xfs_repair crashed with an assertion failure.   Even if it HAD worked it looks like a lot of corruption was detected so that much of the data would have ended up in the lost+found folder with cryptic names.  Do you have backups?

Not sure you can do much at the Unraid level other than wait to see if a new Unraid with a later version of xfs_repair works.  Another possibility is to see if a disk recovery program such as XFS Explorer on Windows can do anything.