Upgraded Server- Unraid Reverted to Older OS

I upgraded my motherboard and CPU - no issues hardware wise.  On first boot I was greeted with a blacklisted USB.  Also, my cache drive was unassigned.  Fixed USB by switching to different USB header (no longer blacklisted).  Cache drive was assigned, but system now wants it formatted.  This is where the real fun begins...

I noticed the dashboard had reverted to default and no dockers because of no cache drive.  So I began to snoop around the system and soon discovered that the OS has reverted to ver. 6.9.2 from the current version I was on.  Also, when I looked at the system history it seems to think it hasn't done a scan for 590 days.  All I did was move a licensed USB from one motherboard to another.  What is going on?  I haven't seen anything like this before.  I'm not attempting to update OS or anything else until I here back from someone.  I'm including a diagnostic file.

Could someone please help? 

zozat-server-diagnostics-20230718-2021.zip

56 minutes ago, ZoZat said:

I upgraded my motherboard and CPU - no issues hardware wise.  On first boot I was greeted with a blacklisted USB.  Also, my cache drive was unassigned.  Fixed USB by switching to different USB header (no longer blacklisted).  Cache drive was assigned, but system now wants it formatted.  This is where the real fun begins...

I noticed the dashboard had reverted to default and no dockers because of no cache drive.  So I began to snoop around the system and soon discovered that the OS has reverted to ver. 6.9.2 from the current version I was on.  Also, when I looked at the system history it seems to think it hasn't done a scan for 590 days.  All I did was move a licensed USB from one motherboard to another.  What is going on?  I haven't seen anything like this before.  I'm not attempting to update OS or anything else until I here back from someone.  I'm including a diagnostic file.

Could someone please help? 

zozat-server-diagnostics-20230718-2021.zip 120.79 kB · 0 downloads

Are you sure that you did not have 2 flash drives and the system is now using a different one.   I can think of no mechanism that would otherwise describe the Unraid version change you mentioned.

I changed USB last year and tossed the old one.  Like I said, I pulled the USB from the old motherboard and attached it to the new one - sitting side by side. 

I was thinking about this more.  If I go ahead and update system to the current OS, then I can access myserver.  I did a backup the night before I put together new server.  Not sure if that would also fix the unformatted cache drive.

Thoughts? Ideas?  Next steps?

The Unraid files are stored in the root of the flash drive (all the bz* files + changes.txt). Your config info is stored in the config directory.

It honestly sounds like you somehow restored the flash drive from an old backup. Is there any way you can figure out if that is the case? The ideal thing would be to recreate the flash using the correct files.

You can change the Unraid version replacing the bz* files + changes.txt with a different version following the instructions here:

https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/manual/upgrade-instructions#manual-upgrade-or-downgrade

but I'm more concerned about your config, specifically making sure the right drives are assigned for the array and cache.

I made no attempt to restore USB from an old backup.  When new hardware booted, I was greeted with a blacklisted USB warning.  I did a clean power down and moved USB to another internal port.  That took care of the. blacklisted issue.

I grabbed the latest stable zip file.  Can I substitute those bz* files + changes.txt with the ones on the USB?  I don't think I should change anything in the config folder.  The drive assignments are correct with the exception of the cache drive.  I think that's because I had reformatted it to one of the new file formats.  I'm hopeful when the OS is update the drive will once again recognized and I'll no longer need to format it.

Does this look like the right course of action or is there something else I should be doing?  I'll look for reply in the morning.  Need sleep.

Thanks for your help.