Parity check takes 153 days or more! Disks spin down while copying data.

My Unraid doesn't work anymore.

The parity check will take more than 150 days.

When I try to copy larger amounts of data, it will at some point spin down all disk and the copying will stop.

I searched the forum here for both problems but didn't find anything that seems to apply to me.

What can I do?

Thank you! So this could be the reason for the slow behaviour? So I should replace disk7? Can you point me to the docs how to actually replace a disk? When I tried to replace a disk before it was just addes as a new disk to the array. I am quite the beginner with Unraid...

27 minutes ago, Alban said:

So this could be the reason for the slow behaviour?

Almost certainly.

27 minutes ago, Alban said:

So I should replace disk7? Can you point me to the docs how to actually replace a disk? When I tried to replace a disk before it was just addes as a new disk to the array. I am quite the beginner with Unraid...

Replacing disks is covered here in the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page.

4 hours ago, itimpi said:

disk7 in the syslog and its SMART data shows that it has 1962 reallocated sectors

It also has 34 pending. And disk9 has 8 pending sectors.

If you look on your Dashboard page, Unraid is showing you the disks that have problems ( 👎 ), disk7 is the most serious, but disk9 could give problems trying to rebuild disk7.

Do you have Notifications configured to alert you immediately by email or other agent as soon as a problem is detected? Don't let one problem become multiple problems and data loss.

Several of your disks are very old. All disks must be working well to allow you to rebuild a failed disk. Parity by itself can rebuild nothing.

Do you have backups of anything important and irreplaceable?