Some appdata files not moving from cache to array

One of my cache SSDs has been showing some errors so I want to replace it.  Since SSD prices have come down, I also want to upgrade all the drives with larger ones because I have a large Plex library in appdata that takes up nearly half my total cache.

Anyway, to prep for replacing the cache drives, I set all my cache shares to use the array, disabled Docker and started the mover.  Once the move was complete, most files had moved from the cache pool to the array, but a number of small files remain in the cache appdata folder. 

The share size data shows 11.8MB on the cache pool, most of this is from two SUPERVISORD.LOG files in my RADARR and KRUSADER folder. 

The other files are all really small log and config files.  Unfortunately, I don't know a way to attach a complete listing of the files.

I haven't checked every file, but I did check all the files in the top folder for Krusdaer and Radarr.  In every case, there are at least two versions of the files, one in cache and one on an array disk.  The sizes and dates vary, sometimes they are only a few minutes apart in age.  Many of these are files that haven't been modified in some time, others were modified just a few days ago.  Some of the files on cache are newer, for others the array is newer.  A lot of the files on the array have the same date, 1/3/23, which I think is the last time I cleared the cache to replace  another cache drive.  I wasn't changing the size of the cache pool so I just replaced the drive and let it rebuild the pool, but I moved the data out of cache as a precaution.

It seems as if the duplicate files are preventing the files from moving from the cache to the array.  Would it be safe to delete one copy so the mover can finish moving files from the cache to the array?

If so, should I delete the older files, or the files in one location or the other?

I'm also curious how unraid handles having more than one version of the same file.  Does it use the file located in the primary location, or does it use the newer version?

22 hours ago, jkBuckethead said:

It seems as if the duplicate files are preventing the files from moving from the cache to the array.  Would it be safe to delete one copy so the mover can finish moving files from the cache to the array?

Correct - mover will not overwrite an existing file as this indicates something that is not normal and user intervention is required.

If so, should I delete the older files, or the files in one location or the other?

You have to decide which copy to keep and delete the other.    I suspect the one on primary storage takes precedence but I am not certain.  

I'm also curious how unraid handles having more than one version of the same file. 

This should never happen in normal operation.   It takes the user doing something under the covers bypassing normal operation to create a duplicate.