UNRAID "exposed" to internet through cloudflare zero trust tunnel... secure?

Hi there, those of you that know what I'm talking about in the subject, i.e. zero trust tunnel via cloudflare, woudl you reckon it's a safe way to access unraid in lieu of a VPN?

I have unraid.mydomain.com routed to my unraid machine via cloudflare zero trust (using the cloudflaredtunnel docker plugin).

Appreciate your thoughts, ideally, I'd like to put a .htaccess and .htpasswd before the unraid login screen for another layer of protection, but I can't seem to figure that out....

Cheers!

Cloudflare Tunnels are encrypted, just like VPN tunnels, except are only encrypted between the Cloudflare servers and your endpoint server.  With CF Tunnel, the data between your client device and Cloudlare server is not encrypted (other than typical https SSL).

I use Cloudflared for accessing a number of docker services and some other devices on my network, but haven't yet reached the confidence level of exposing the Unraid server interface itself.  For those services that I want an extra layer of security, I've been adding 2FA through Cloudflare's Zero Trust > Access > Applications.

• 4 months later...