We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Is it possible that folders disappear by themselves?

guiri

Yes, I am being serious and either I need to stop taking whatever drugs I'm taking so that I stop deleting my own folders or there are gremlins in my system.

Note, this wouldn't be the first time stuff happens to me that's NOT supposed to be possible.

Anyway, I keep losing folders with stuff I didn't want to delete and I'm wondering, is there a way my server somehow deletes stuff by itself?

Yes, I have been deleting and consolidating files and of course, the most logical answer is that I deleted stuff but the question above still stands.

Is this at all feasible?

Thanks

George

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I am being serious and either I need to stop taking whatever drugs I'm taking so that I stop deleting my own folders or there are gremlins in my system.

Note, this wouldn't be the first time stuff happens to me that's NOT supposed to be possible.

Anyway, I keep losing folders with stuff I didn't want to delete and I'm wondering, is there a way my server somehow deletes stuff by itself?

Yes, I have been deleting and consolidating files and of course, the most logical answer is that I deleted stuff but the question above still stands.

Is this at all feasible?

Thanks

George

Or, you might have some file system corruption that results in the directories not being visible.

Run reiserfsck on each of your disks as described in the wiki just to make sure that is not the cause.

This line

shfs_rmdir: rmdir: is repeated thousands of times.  

uNRAID is being be told to "rmdir" (ie DELETE) directories/files by an add-on or script on your system.

What add-ons or scripts have you had added to your system?

Add-ons:  http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=UnRAID_Add_Ons#Add_On_Projects

Scripts:  http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=UnRAID_Add_Ons#Add_On_Scripts

Look in the "custom" folder to view some of the packages <screen shot is ok>

You are also looking for .conf files, in the "packages" folder if you have unMENU installed. <screen shot is ok>

Copy your "go" file (located in /config) to your PC; and open with notepad+.  Copy the contents here.

Archived