Cache drive still full even after running the mover

Go to solution Solved by Aloyloy,

I filled my cache drive yesterday, so I started getting errors. Even though I thought it was supposed to go around the cache drive if it was full, but thats another question for another day. 

I have it scheduled to run the mover every night but manually told it to run instead since I was full up and then hours later went to bed. This afternoon it no longer shows as running but the cache drive is still full, and I have the little !▲ warning me that some shares have files that are not protected. What do? Suggestions?

Edited by Aloyloy
21 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Diagnostics should show what's going on.

Thanks. I'll give a look. Looks like it makes a lot of files. Anything file in particular or anything in particular I should be looking for?

edit: Duh or I could just keep reading. Looking into it this evening.

Edited by Aloyloy
Didn't read the whole thing
33 minutes ago, ConnerVT said:

Attach the entire zip file.

Thanks. I'll do it in a bit. I found out I had my cache drive settings wrong and fixed it then ran the mover again.
Sadly, the utilization isn't going down. Which then begs the question of what is the mover actually DOING? lol

I'll get those logs shortly.

Trying to get those logs but its taking a long time and spitting tons of stuff like this;

sed -i 's/\/mnt\/disk4\/appdata\/stash\/generated\/screenshots\/0a1ca5d34543fcd5.webp \/mnt\/cache\/appdata\/stash\/generated\/screenshots\/0a1ca5d34543fcd5.webp.partial (28) No space left on device/\/\/..e\/.../g' '/metis-diagnostics-20230816-1655/logs/syslog.txt' 2>/dev/null
sed -i 's/\/mnt\/disk4\/appdata\/stash\/generated\/screenshots\/904af768c656cf22.webp \/mnt\/cache\/appdata\/stash\/generated\/screenshots\/904af768c656cf22.webp.partial (28) No space left on device/\/\/..e\/.../g' '/metis-diagnostics-20230816-1650/logs/syslog.txt' 2>/dev/null
sed -i 's/\/mnt\/disk4\/appdata\/stash\/generated\/screenshots\/0a1fb06b404b5b33.jpg \/mnt\/cache\/appdata\/stash\/generated\/screenshots\/0a1fb06b404b5b33.jpg.partial (28) No space left on device/\/\/..e\/.../g' '/metis-diagnostics-20230816-1655/logs/syslog.txt' 2>/dev/null
sed -i 's/\/mnt\/disk4\/appdata\/stash\/generated\/screenshots\/9052d7732bf0da10.jpg \/mnt\/cache\/appdata\/stash\/generated\/screenshots\/9052d7732bf0da10.jpg.partial (28) No space left on device/\/\/..e\/.../g' '/metis-diagnostics-20230816-1650/logs/syslog.txt' 2>/dev/null
sed -i 's/\/mnt\/disk4\/appdata\/stash\/generated\/screenshots\/0a1fb06b404b5b33.mp4 \/mnt\/cache\/appdata\/stash\/generated\/screenshots\/0a1fb06b404b5b33.mp4.partial (28) No space left on device/\/\/..e\/.../g' '/metis-diagnostics-20230816-1655/logs/syslog.txt' 2>/dev/null
sed -i 's/\/mnt\/disk4\/appdata\/stash\/generated\/screenshots\/9052d7732bf0da10.mp4 \/mnt\/cache\/appdata\/stash\/generated\/screenshots\/9052d7732bf0da10.mp4.partial (28) No space left on device/\/\/..e\/.../g' '/metis-diagnostics-20230816-1650/logs/syslog.txt' 2>/dev/null

thing is if they are talking about Stash I gave up and removed it ages ago I thought. I can't find it anywhere in my unraid any longer.

• Solution

Well the GOOD news is I fixed the mover issue. It was indeed the setting I was using. I had it on preferred because apparently I don't comprehend directions the first few times. Once I put it to just "Yes" on use Cache pool and started the mover again the available space on the cache is slowly climbing. So yay to that.

Now I just gotta figure out those errors in the diagnostics and someday maybe why my cache isn't performing how it did at the start.