Docker image file is getting full

Jelly
Go to solution Solved by Jelly,

Hi, hopefully somebody can help me as I've googled and read multiple threads on this topic but didn't manage to solve it.

I started getting warning about there not being enough space for docker - Fix common problems also flagging the same thing:

"Docker image file is getting full (currently 87 % used) [...] investigate the possibility of docker applications storing completed downloads / incomplete downloads / etc within the actual docker image"

I read the linked thread 

I've checked every volume mapping I have, every single one is mapped to a /mnt/user/.. path 

I checked my download paths in-app for sabnzbd and qBitorrent, they are: /downloads & /incomplete-downloads mapped as:

• /downloads -> /mnt/user/data/downloads/
  • /incomplete-downloads -> /mnt/user/data/incomplete-downloads

I removed some unused images which took me from 100% docker image space utilization to 87%

I heard it could be a caching issue but unsure where to start - I did try doing a balance:

image.thumb.png.c1aa0a7e4163243a7169e1366485a2c5.png

image.png.0e2ba70f5b008203eb88d1503b79cfb7.png

Something I found in cadvisor:

image.png.65cb7575bd2f09ba975e387a472f7358.png

my cache setup for the relevant shares:

image.thumb.png.9873c04f4708510a9e4bce55432d4c65.png

1 hour ago, Jelly said:

I've checked every volume mapping I have, every single one is mapped to a /mnt/user/.. path

You can also have a problem if there is a path internal to a container that is being written to the is NOT mapped to an external location.   A common example is Plex writing to a temporary folder while transcoding.

• Solution
58 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You can also have a problem if there is a path internal to a container that is being written to the is NOT mapped to an external location.   A common example is Plex writing to a temporary folder while transcoding.

This seems likely actually... This issue coincides with me switching to Plex from Emby and Plex was using /transcode which was not mapped (it was done via some ENV variable and had a path I didn't recognize set as default). Is there a way I can clean out all the accumulated data to see if it refills now that I've changed that? 

Edit: Down to 57% utilization after changing that

Edited by Jelly