[solved] Disk error, Raid not protected

I seem to have an error with one of my disks. I can't shut down the server, shutdown or reboot do nothing.  The array is showing as started, unprotected and not showing a valid configuration, any help would be appreciated to get the array running again. I have a 2TB disk to replace Disk 1.

trunr1.png

trunr1-diagnostics-20230819-1140.zip trunr1-syslog-20230819-1047.zip

Edited by triafgg

Hi Jorge

changed cables and moved to another controller but disk1 still always showing as failed so replaced with new 2TB drive and it is now rebuilding and all data available. It was simply a failed disk, not sure why cache disks(cache and appdata with dockers on) were also unavailable but it is all back now and everything working fine. Thanks for your help.

7 minutes ago, triafgg said:

but disk1 still always showing as failed

Moving a disk to a different connection would not make it magically come online.   If you had wanted to rebuild to the same drive the required process is covered here in the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page.

I moved it and changed cable to check if the controller slot and cable were OK as easier to replace/move to another slot. I didn't realise that Unraid would mark as failed due to a connection error so maybe rebuilding to the same drive would be OK. Not a problem though as I will now have some extra space on the array. I can keep the old Disk1 as a spare and then I will find out if it is good or bad if another one dies, not a problem as I have others if it is bad. Thanks again.

Hi again, the rebuild went OK and now can see all data on Disk1, however now my parity disk is showing as not present in the overview but on the disks page shows as present but not spun up with a red cross. Smart test shows no errors so I will rebuild parity to the same disk as suggested earlier for the data disk.

• triafgg changed the title to [solved] Disk error, Raid not protected