What happens to things installed with NerdPack when upgrading to 6.11+?

Go to solution Solved by aspiziri,

I am currently running 6.9.2 and have been looking into upgrading to latest and what it would take. One of the things I have found is that NerdPack was deprecated with the 6.11 release and has since been replaced by NerdTools from CA. My question is: If I simply perform the update to unraid what actually happens to the "already installed" nerdpack services? Do they continue working but with no way to manage them anymore (aka: uninstall everything first)? Do they disappear? If I install NerdTools and then re-install the corresponding services should all my user scripts continue working "as is" or do I likely have a bunch of tinkering in my future?

Wondering if anyone already went through this process.

Edited by aspiziri
11 hours ago, aspiziri said:

If I simply perform the update to unraid what actually happens to the "already installed" nerdpack services?

NerdPack can install components that are incompatible with the Unraid 6.12.x releases and break the system as a result.  You definitely want the plugin to be completely removed on the latest Unraid releases.

• Solution

Got it - ok thanks. Sounds like I only have one path then so things are pretty clear:

1. Use NerdPack to uninstall any existing "packs"
  2. Uninstall the NerdPack plugin
  3. Upgrade to 6.12.x
  4. Install NerdTools
  5. Reinstall any "tools" that I need
  6. Update my User Scripts, etc. to account for any changes that come from this (ideally none?)