[Support] MattFaz Repo

Hey all 👋🏼

This is a support thread for any apps hosted in my repository: https://github.com/MattFaz/unraid_templates

Firefly-iii

Firefly-iii Data Importer

Edited by MattFaz
Add note about FIrefly

After installation, I get

Could not poll the database: SQLSTATE[42P01]: Undefined table: 7 ERROR: relation "configuration" does not exist LINE 1: select "id", "name", "data" from "configuration" where "name... ^ (Connection: pgsql, SQL: select "id", "name", "data" from "configuration" where "name" = is_demo_site and "configuration"."deleted_at" is null limit 1)

using postgres 15

Edited by wieli99
1 hour ago, wieli99 said:

After installation, I get

Could not poll the database: SQLSTATE[42P01]: Undefined table: 7 ERROR: relation "configuration" does not exist LINE 1: select "id", "name", "data" from "configuration" where "name... ^ (Connection: pgsql, SQL: select "id", "name", "data" from "configuration" where "name" = is_demo_site and "configuration"."deleted_at" is null limit 1)

using postgres 15

Are you using the Postgresql15 community app by jj9987? I just did a fresh install of that Postgres15 container and Firefly-iii and it worked without issues.

Are you using the default Postgres port of 5432? I've just realised I forgot to include the DB_PORT variable so if you're using something different it may have caused issues.
I've updated the template just now to add it and it should be live in the next couple hours.

Yup, using that one, default port aswell.

Here's a more detailed log from the container itself

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.21. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.21. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
[Fri Sep 01 20:39:56.021627 2023] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1] AH00163: Apache/2.4.56 (Debian) configured -- resuming normal operations
[Fri Sep 01 20:39:56.021668 2023] [core:notice] [pid 1] AH00094: Command line: 'apache2 -D FOREGROUND'
[2023-09-01 20:40:07] local.INFO: Could not create or generate installation ID. Do not continue.  
[2023-09-01 20:40:07] local.ERROR: Exception is: {"class":"FireflyIII\\Exceptions\\FireflyException","errorMessage":"Could not poll the database: SQLSTATE[42P01]: Undefined table: 7 ERROR:  relation \"configuration\" does not exist\nLINE 1: select \"id\", \"name\", \"data\" from \"configuration\" where \"name...\n                                         ^ (Connection: pgsql, SQL: select \"id\", \"name\", \"data\" from \"configuration\" where \"name\" = is_demo_site and \"configuration\".\"deleted_at\" is null limit 1)","time":"Fri, 01 Sep 2023 20:40:07 +0200","file":"\/var\/www\/html\/app\/Support\/FireflyConfig.php","line":80,"code":0,"version":"6.0.22","url":"http:\/\/192.168.8.38:8111","userAgent":"Mozilla\/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit\/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome\/116.0.0.0 Safari\/537.36","json":true,"method":"GET"}  
[2023-09-01 20:40:07] local.ERROR: Could not poll the database: SQLSTATE[42P01]: Undefined table: 7 ERROR:  relation "configuration" does not exist
LINE 1: select "id", "name", "data" from "configuration" where "name...

The Database connection itself should work, as I had previous (user) errors  with db name and pw, but both are now gone, which should mean a connection can be established

Edited by wieli99
On 9/9/2023 at 7:53 AM, beasthouse said:

What’s the chances of an Unraid install and config guide in the docs?

I found it pretty easy to use with the Docker Compose plugin:
compose:

version: '3.3'

#
# The Firefly III Data Importer will ask you for the Firefly III URL and a "Client ID".
# You can generate the Client ID at http://localhost/profile (after registering)
# The Firefly III URL is: http://app:8080
#
# Other URL's will give 500 | Server Error
#

services:
  app:
    image: fireflyiii/core:latest
    hostname: app
    container_name: firefly_iii_core
    networks:
      - firefly_iii
    restart: always
    volumes:
      - firefly_iii_upload:/var/www/html/storage/upload
    env_file: .env
    ports:
      - '8365:8080'
    depends_on:
      - db
  db:
    image: mariadb
    hostname: db
    container_name: firefly_iii_db
    networks:
      - firefly_iii
    env_file: .db.env
    volumes:
      - firefly_iii_db:/var/lib/mysql

importer:
    image: fireflyiii/data-importer:latest
    hostname: importer
    container_name: firefly_iii_importer
    networks:
      - firefly_iii
    ports:
      - '8366:8080'
    depends_on:
      - app
    env_file: .importer.env

cron:
    #
    # To make this work, set STATIC_CRON_TOKEN in your .env file or as an environment variable and replace REPLACEME below
    # The STATIC_CRON_TOKEN must be *exactly* 32 characters long
    #
    image: alpine
    container_name: firefly_iii_cron
    command: sh -c "echo \"0 3 * * * wget -qO- http://app:8365/api/v1/cron/REPLACEME\" | crontab - && crond -f -L /dev/stdout"
    networks:
      - firefly_iii
volumes:
   firefly_iii_upload:
   firefly_iii_db:

networks:
  firefly_iii:
    driver: bridge

env:

# You can leave this on "local". If you change it to production most console commands will ask for extra confirmation.
# Never set it to "testing".
APP_ENV=local

# Set to true if you want to see debug information in error screens.
APP_DEBUG=false

# This should be your email address.
# If you use Docker or similar, you can set this variable from a file by using SITE_OWNER_FILE
# The variable is used in some errors shown to users who aren't admin.
[email protected]

# The encryption key for your sessions. Keep this very secure.
# Change it to a string of exactly 32 chars or use something like `php artisan key:generate` to generate it.
# If you use Docker or similar, you can set this variable from a file by using APP_KEY_FILE
#
# Avoid the "#" character in your APP_KEY, it may break things.
#
APP_KEY=SomeRandomStringOf32CharsExactly

# Firefly III will launch using this language (for new users and unauthenticated visitors)
# For a list of available languages: https://github.com/firefly-iii/firefly-iii/tree/main/resources/lang
#
# If text is still in English, remember that not everything may have been translated.
DEFAULT_LANGUAGE=en_US

# The locale defines how numbers are formatted.
# by default this value is the same as whatever the language is.
DEFAULT_LOCALE=equal

# Change this value to your preferred time zone.
# Example: Europe/Amsterdam
# For a list of supported time zones, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones
TZ=Europe/Amsterdam

# TRUSTED_PROXIES is a useful variable when using Docker and/or a reverse proxy.
# Set it to ** and reverse proxies work just fine.
TRUSTED_PROXIES=

# The log channel defines where your log entries go to.
# Several other options exist. You can use 'single' for one big fat error log (not recommended).
# Also available are 'syslog', 'errorlog' and 'stdout' which will log to the system itself.
# A rotating log option is 'daily', creates 5 files that (surprise) rotate.
# A cool option is 'papertrail' for cloud logging
# Default setting 'stack' will log to 'daily' and to 'stdout' at the same time.
LOG_CHANNEL=stack

#
# Used when logging to papertrail:
#
PAPERTRAIL_HOST=
PAPERTRAIL_PORT=

# Log level. You can set this from least severe to most severe:
# debug, info, notice, warning, error, critical, alert, emergency
# If you set it to debug your logs will grow large, and fast. If you set it to emergency probably
# nothing will get logged, ever.
APP_LOG_LEVEL=notice

# Audit log level.
# Set this to "emergency" if you dont want to store audit logs, leave on info otherwise.
AUDIT_LOG_LEVEL=info

# Database credentials. Make sure the database exists. I recommend a dedicated user for Firefly III
# For other database types, please see the FAQ: https://docs.firefly-iii.org/firefly-iii/faq/self-hosted/#i-want-to-use-sqlite
# If you use Docker or similar, you can set these variables from a file by appending them with _FILE
# Use "pgsql" for PostgreSQL
# Use "mysql" for MySQL and MariaDB.
# Use "sqlite" for SQLite.
DB_CONNECTION=mysql
DB_HOST=db
DB_PORT=3306
DB_DATABASE=firefly
DB_USERNAME=firefly
DB_PASSWORD=secret_firefly_password
# leave empty or omit when not using a socket connection
DB_SOCKET=

# MySQL supports SSL. You can configure it here.
# If you use Docker or similar, you can set these variables from a file by appending them with _FILE
MYSQL_USE_SSL=false
MYSQL_SSL_VERIFY_SERVER_CERT=true
# You need to set at least of these options
MYSQL_SSL_CAPATH=/etc/ssl/certs/
MYSQL_SSL_CA=
MYSQL_SSL_CERT=
MYSQL_SSL_KEY=
MYSQL_SSL_CIPHER=

# PostgreSQL supports SSL. You can configure it here.
PGSQL_SSL_MODE=prefer
PGSQL_SSL_ROOT_CERT=null
PGSQL_SSL_CERT=null
PGSQL_SSL_KEY=null
PGSQL_SSL_CRL_FILE=null

# more PostgreSQL settings
PGSQL_SCHEMA=public

# If you're looking for performance improvements, you could install memcached or redis
CACHE_DRIVER=file
SESSION_DRIVER=file

# If you set either of the options above to 'redis', you might want to update these settings too
# If you use Docker or similar, you can set REDIS_HOST_FILE, REDIS_PASSWORD_FILE or
# REDIS_PORT_FILE to set the value from a file instead of from an environment variable

# can be tcp, unix or http
REDIS_SCHEME=tcp

# use only when using 'unix' for REDIS_SCHEME. Leave empty otherwise.
REDIS_PATH=

# use only when using 'tcp' or 'http' for REDIS_SCHEME. Leave empty otherwise.
REDIS_HOST=127.0.0.1
REDIS_PORT=6379

# Use only with Redis 6+ with proper ACL set. Leave empty otherwise.
REDIS_USERNAME=
REDIS_PASSWORD=

# always use quotes and make sure redis db "0" and "1" exists. Otherwise change accordingly.
REDIS_DB="0"
REDIS_CACHE_DB="1"

# Cookie settings. Should not be necessary to change these.
# If you use Docker or similar, you can set COOKIE_DOMAIN_FILE to set
# the value from a file instead of from an environment variable
# Setting samesite to "strict" may give you trouble logging in.
COOKIE_PATH="/"
COOKIE_DOMAIN=
COOKIE_SECURE=false
COOKIE_SAMESITE=lax

# If you want Firefly III to email you, update these settings
# For instructions, see: https://docs.firefly-iii.org/firefly-iii/advanced-installation/email/#email
MAIL_MAILER=log
MAIL_HOST=null
MAIL_PORT=2525
[email protected]
MAIL_USERNAME=null
MAIL_PASSWORD=null
MAIL_ENCRYPTION=null
MAIL_SENDMAIL_COMMAND=

# Other mail drivers:
MAILGUN_DOMAIN=
MAILGUN_SECRET=

# If you are on EU region in mailgun, use api.eu.mailgun.net, otherwise use api.mailgun.net
# If you use Docker or similar, you can set this variable from a file by appending it with _FILE
MAILGUN_ENDPOINT=api.mailgun.net

MANDRILL_SECRET=
SPARKPOST_SECRET=

# Firefly III can send you the following messages.
SEND_ERROR_MESSAGE=true

# These messages contain (sensitive) transaction information:
SEND_REPORT_JOURNALS=true

# Set this value to true if you want to set the location of certain things, like transactions.
# Since this involves an external service, it's optional and disabled by default.
ENABLE_EXTERNAL_MAP=false

# Set this value to true if you want Firefly III to download currency exchange rates
# from the internet. These rates are hosted by the creator of Firefly III inside
# an Azure Storage Container.
# Not all currencies may be available. Rates may be wrong.
ENABLE_EXTERNAL_RATES=false

# The map will default to this location:
MAP_DEFAULT_LAT=51.983333
MAP_DEFAULT_LONG=5.916667
MAP_DEFAULT_ZOOM=6

#
# Firefly III authentication settings
#

#
# Firefly III supports a few authentication methods:
# - 'web' (default, uses built in DB)
# - 'remote_user_guard' for Authelia etc
# Read more about these settings in the documentation.
# https://docs.firefly-iii.org/firefly-iii/advanced-installation/authentication
#
# LDAP is no longer supported :(
#
AUTHENTICATION_GUARD=web

#
# Remote user guard settings
#
AUTHENTICATION_GUARD_HEADER=REMOTE_USER
AUTHENTICATION_GUARD_EMAIL=

#
# Firefly III generates a basic keypair for your OAuth tokens.
# If you want, you can overrule the key with your own (secure) value.
# It's also possible to set PASSPORT_PUBLIC_KEY_FILE or PASSPORT_PRIVATE_KEY_FILE
# if you're using Docker secrets or similar solutions for secret management
#
PASSPORT_PRIVATE_KEY=
PASSPORT_PUBLIC_KEY=

#
# Extra authentication settings
#
CUSTOM_LOGOUT_URL=

# You can disable the X-Frame-Options header if it interferes with tools like
# Organizr. This is at your own risk. Applications running in frames run the risk
# of leaking information to their parent frame.
DISABLE_FRAME_HEADER=false

# You can disable the Content Security Policy header when you're using an ancient browser
# or any version of Microsoft Edge / Internet Explorer (which amounts to the same thing really)
# This leaves you with the risk of not being able to stop XSS bugs should they ever surface.
# This is at your own risk.
DISABLE_CSP_HEADER=false

# If you wish to track your own behavior over Firefly III, set valid analytics tracker information here.
# Nobody uses this except for me on the demo site. But hey, feel free to use this if you want to.
# Do not prepend the TRACKER_URL with http:// or https://
# The only tracker supported is Matomo.
# You can set the following variables from a file by appending them with _FILE:
TRACKER_SITE_ID=
TRACKER_URL=

#
# Firefly III supports webhooks. These are security sensitive and must be enabled manually first.
#
ALLOW_WEBHOOKS=false

#
# The static cron job token can be useful when you use Docker and wish to manage cron jobs.
# 1. Set this token to any 32-character value (this is important!).
# 2. Use this token in the cron URL instead of a user's command line token that you can find in /profile
#
# For more info: https://docs.firefly-iii.org/firefly-iii/advanced-installation/cron/
#
# You can set this variable from a file by appending it with _FILE
#
STATIC_CRON_TOKEN=

# You can fine tune the start-up of a Docker container by editing these environment variables.
# Use this at your own risk. Disabling certain checks and features may result in lots of inconsistent data.
# However if you know what you're doing you can significantly speed up container start times.
# Set each value to true to enable, or false to disable.

# Set this to true to build all locales supported by Firefly III.
# This may take quite some time (several minutes) and is generally not recommended.
# If you wish to change or alter the list of locales, start your Docker container with
# `docker run -v locale.gen:/etc/locale.gen -e DKR_BUILD_LOCALE=true`
# and make sure your preferred locales are in your own locale.gen.
DKR_BUILD_LOCALE=false

# Check if the SQLite database exists. Can be skipped if you're not using SQLite.
# Won't significantly speed up things.
DKR_CHECK_SQLITE=true

# Run database creation and migration commands. Disable this only if you're 100% sure the DB exists
# and is up to date.
DKR_RUN_MIGRATION=true

# Run database upgrade commands. Disable this only when you're 100% sure your DB is up-to-date
# with the latest fixes (outside of migrations!)
DKR_RUN_UPGRADE=true

# Verify database integrity. Includes all data checks and verifications.
# Disabling this makes Firefly III assume your DB is intact.
DKR_RUN_VERIFY=true

# Run database reporting commands. When disabled, Firefly III won't go over your data to report current state.
# Disabling this should have no impact on data integrity or safety but it won't warn you of possible issues.
DKR_RUN_REPORT=true

# Generate OAuth2 keys.
# When disabled, Firefly III won't attempt to generate OAuth2 Passport keys. This won't be an issue, IFF (if and only if)
# you had previously generated keys already and they're stored in your database for restoration.
DKR_RUN_PASSPORT_INSTALL=true

# Leave the following configuration vars as is.
# Unless you like to tinker and know what you're doing.
APP_NAME=FireflyIII
BROADCAST_DRIVER=log
QUEUE_DRIVER=sync
CACHE_PREFIX=firefly
PUSHER_KEY=
IPINFO_TOKEN=
PUSHER_SECRET=
PUSHER_ID=
DEMO_USERNAME=
DEMO_PASSWORD=
FIREFLY_III_LAYOUT=v1

#
# If you have trouble configuring your Firefly III installation, DON'T BOTHER setting this variable.
# It won't work. It doesn't do ANYTHING. Don't believe the lies you read online. I'm not joking.
# This configuration value WILL NOT HELP.
#
# Notable exception to this rule is Synology, which, according to some users, will use APP_URL to rewrite stuff.
#
# This variable is ONLY used in some of the emails Firefly III sends around. Nowhere else.
# So when configuring anything WEB related this variable doesn't do anything. Nothing
#
# If you're stuck I understand you get desperate but look SOMEWHERE ELSE.
#
APP_URL=http://localhost

• 1 month later...

I have FireflyIII accessible via subdomain through swag, and the site seems to load just fine, but when I type in my credentials and click the "Sign In" button nothing happens.

Anyone know what the issue is? It works fine over LAN.

Edited by Gazeley
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

First thanks for the job ;)

I have an issue, i updated my old deprecated container for this one but i have an error on the recuring task.

i add a script for cron job but when i want to create a recuring task an error appear "Could not load repetition suggestions. Please enter a valid date." and the case stay lock.

Can you help me?

On 9/9/2023 at 11:53 PM, beasthouse said:

What’s the chances of an Unraid install and config guide in the docs?

Do you mean on the official Firefly-iii docs? If so I'm not sure the developer himself would create the documentation but I'm sure they'd be willing to accept it if someone wrote it up and created a PR on the docs repo: https://github.com/firefly-iii/docs

On 10/28/2023 at 11:22 AM, Gazeley said:

I have FireflyIII accessible via subdomain through swag, and the site seems to load just fine, but when I type in my credentials and click the "Sign In" button nothing happens.

Anyone know what the issue is? It works fine over LAN.

Hmm sorry I'm not sure, have you checked logs or inspected console when you try to login to see if it's reporting any errors?
I use SWAG and access firefly via subdomain and it is working fine for me. Here is my `firefly.subdomain.conf` file if it helps:

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name firefly.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        include /config/nginx/resolver.conf;
        set $upstream_app 192.168.0.25;
        set $upstream_port 5555;
        set $upstream_proto http;
        proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;

proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Server $host;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
    }
}

12 hours ago, Ossito said:

I have an issue, i updated my old deprecated container for this one but i have an error on the recuring task.

i add a script for cron job but when i want to create a recuring task an error appear "Could not load repetition suggestions. Please enter a valid date." and the case stay lock.

I'm not sure how easily you can move the old container to this new one, I've only performed fresh installs of the container and it's related data.
Looking at the Github repo it looks like there may be some issues when backdating, are you trying to set the date to a date in the past? The developer advised when creating you should enter a future date, then edit to back date: https://github.com/firefly-iii/firefly-iii/issues/7683

1 hour ago, Sickness said:

Anyone know how i can get an .env file to load? Can I put in the upload volume? Trying to get ssl working. 

Above I posted my .conf file if you're using SWAG, wouldn't need to deal with .env files in that case.
Otherwise you could add the .env variables as a variable to the container, or create a folder path and map it to the container. This can be done when editing the container: image.png.de5298262dd43b82fb1925457adb01c4.png

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, MattFaz said:

I'm not sure how easily you can move the old container to this new one, I've only performed fresh installs of the container and it's related data.
Looking at the Github repo it looks like there may be some issues when backdating, are you trying to set the date to a date in the past? The developer advised when creating you should enter a future date, then edit to back date: https://github.com/firefly-iii/firefly-iii/issues/7683

The old docker was fully erased before the setup of the new one (yours) i only keep the data base.

i use user script plugins with this command:

docker exec --user www-data Firefly-III /usr/local/bin/php /var/www/html/artisan firefly-iii:cron.

So i tryed a full new setup (container and data base) issue still persist.

i think this is a mistake  but where?

• 1 month later...

I am having similar issue with a new setup:

This is the error:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo for fireflydb failed: Name or service not known (Connection: mysql, SQL: insert into `oauth_clients` (`user_id`, `name`, `secret`, `provider`, `redirect`, `personal_access_client`, `password_client`, `revoked`, `updated_at`, `created_at`) values (?, Firefly III Personal Access Client, gyUkOucFRrtmvN9m3YHpcH6ewsOWu3qh7yrgEwHB, ?, http://localhost, 1, 0, 0, 2023-12-31 23:43:10, 2023-12-31 23:43:10))

But during the setup the database has timeout and then show "DB is up" 

wait-for-it.sh: timeout occurred after waiting 60 seconds for fireflydb:3306

I'm new to using these kind of containers and trying to get firefly iii (and later data importer) installed, but having an issue with the DB not existing. If this is anything like TeslaMate which also uses postgres, then i assume i might need to give the container permission to create the database, right?

though i tried a similar command to the one i used for when i did that install to no avail. I'm also assuming it's not an issue to use the same postgres instance (host & port) and the associated DB username and password i had already used for my TeslaMate container.

here's the error regardless in case my assumption is wrong:

Unfortunately, this error was not recoverable :(. Firefly III broke. The error is:

Could not poll the database: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] FATAL: database "fireflyiii" does not exist (Connection: pgsql, SQL: select "id", "name", "data" from "configuration" where "name" = is_demo_site and "configuration"."deleted_at" is null limit 1)

This error occured in file /var/www/html/app/Support/FireflyConfig.php on line 65 with code 0.

On 1/1/2024 at 1:49 AM, maddog said:

I am having similar issue with a new setup:

This is the error:

But during the setup the database has timeout and then show "DB is up" 

wait-for-it.sh: timeout occurred after waiting 60 seconds for fireflydb:3306

I'm getting the same error 

• Upvote 1

@maddog @john_smith @AirRicB
You need to setup the Postgres database yourself, it will not create one for you.
You then need to provide the details when setting up the FIrefly-iii container.

You can use an app like pgadmin to perform this, you don't need to create any tables. Just create the database, user, and password (if not using an existing user and pass).

image.png

20 hours ago, MattFaz said:

You need to setup the Postgres database yourself, it will not create one for you.

You can use an app like pgadmin to perform this, you don't need to create any tables. Just create the database, user, and password (if not using an existing user and pass).

image.png

ok, trying to log into postgres now but it doesn't seem to be working? (page loads, but incorrect password or username)

am i missing a link i need to be making first? i'm using the username and password that i used to set up the postgres15 container

I was using Banktrans application Which works ok but its computer bound etc. So was looking for a solution on docker. So i found firefly III it looks great so i am trying the importer but have a few problems with it.

I have exported data from my banktrans to CSV and im trying to import but it says all done but nothing is showing up in Firefly III.

I also tried GoCardless which works but only seems to get back to 15 oct of last year everything past that i cant seems to import.

Also tried a bank export but same as the CSV i tried from my banktrans.

getting

Line #0: transactions.0.date: transactions.0.date is verplicht. (original value: "")

Line #1: transactions.0.date: transactions.0.date is verplicht. (original value: "")

verplicht = mandatory

Hi there and thanks for making this unraid template.

I'm having an issue when the container updates or I change any of the parameters the appdata directory for the docker gets deleted and recreated causing me to have to sign up again and start all over. I'm using sqlite as the database which I suspect might be part of the problem. The other thing that happens is the directory created is owned by the sshd user and if I change the permissions and owner it reverts back to the sshd user when the container is recreated for any reason.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2024 at 6:10 AM, MattFaz said:

image.png

So we need to setup Postgres, sounds easy enough but where do we get the app key from?