Machine keeps crashing and restart itself

Go to solution Solved by italian84,

Hello folks,

This is my first ever request for help after almost 1 year of entering the UNRAID world.

To keep it short, are few days now that my machine where I am running UNRAID it restarting itself up. My knowledge on programming it is virtually none, but I know my ways around on Linux and Windows. I have attached my diagnostic.

Thank you in advance to those who is taking the time to help me out

G

tower-diagnostics-20230906-1120.zip

A system restarting itself is abnormal.    Do you have the system set to automatically start as soon as power is applied?   I would also carefully check things like the fans in case you are getting a thermal related crash/reboot.

The diagnostics only show what happened after the reboot and I did not spot anything obvious there.

I would suggest things to try are:

• Enable the syslog server with the mirror to flash option set so that you get a syslog that covers the reboot (it will be in the 'logs' folder on the flash drive.
  • Try booting in Safe mode to see if that changes things.   You have a lot of things being installed via plugins so it is possible one of them is causing a problem.

8 minutes ago, italian84 said:

This is my first ever request for help after almost 1 year of entering the UNRAID world.

I've just gone through the Diagnostics and can't find nothing obvious, just saw that in your go file:

mkdir -p /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d/

cat

I would recommend that you remove these lines (/boot/config/go).

May I also ask why you have installed this:

hpsahba.plg - 2022.07.21  (Up to date)

You don't have any suitable hardware for that plugin installed as far as I can see.

I have to turn off the machine because every 3-5 minutes the rebooting was happening. 

I'll be home soon and I'll remove the mkdir line.

The hpsamba is installed because I have recently bought a HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen8. I have turn it on once and I felt like the bedroom was taking off with those fans spinning aloud! I have seen some guide to how to control the fans, haven't got the time yet to have it a go...

• Solution
On 9/6/2023 at 11:42 AM, ich777 said:

I've just gone through the Diagnostics and can't find nothing obvious, just saw that in your go file:

cat

You don't have any suitable hardware for that plugin installed as far as I can see.

I have now removed that line on the go file and restarted the machine.. let wait and see ! thanks ich777

On 9/6/2023 at 11:42 AM, ich777 said:

cat