Appdata, domains, system shares missing from GUI, iso share different from config...

Go to solution Solved by sinbrkatetete,

Hello,

thanks in advance to anyone reading this with an inclination to help out; also, sorry for the long post.

So, slowly setting up UNRAID 6.12.4 (first installed @ 6.12.3 version, upgraded recently) on a retlatively modern machine to replace my ageing i3-4330 CPU with 8 GB of RAM that served me and my family for years. The disks on the new one are setup as one zfs-enrypted drive in an array with an identical drive as parity, one cache disk formated as zfs.

At first, while setting up the server, I kind of missed the fact that "appdata", "domains" and "system" share were missing from the GUI and then thought it was because I disabled VM and docker to be able to play with network settings and get them configured according to my need and my existing network environment and that they (the forementioned shares) would appear once I enabled the VM and docker service. I was wrong.

Here's the config (appdata.cfg), as I've found it in the "diagnostics package" of the "appdata" share (the "domains" and "system" configs are identical except for the filename):

# Share exists on cache
# Generated settings:
shareComment="..."
shareUseCache="prefer"
shareCachePool="cache"
shareCOW="auto"
shareSplitLevel="1"
shareExport="-"

and the share(s) itself/themselves are indeed located on the cache drive according to the GUI browser

slika.thumb.png.07fb47c5e7d30d6fdc48afdba73264a4.png

, but accesible both through /mnt/cache/appdata (or /domains or /system) and /mnt/user/appdata (or /domains or /system) in the terminal; probably because they're set to cache "preferred" instead of "only" as I'd prefer or?

through cache:

slika.png.afd281b908be6c17833771ef2b80bb2c.png

through user:

slika.png.6d6c16ef9ffe686a7d10cbd9e3e64b0e.png

The only "default" share present in the GUI

slika.thumb.png.2fab517f4bc7d9a92cfa2f4abddc2dc9.png

is the "isos" share, for which the "isos.cfg"

# Share exists on disk1
# Generated settings:
shareComment="..."
shareInclude=""
shareExclude=""
shareUseCache="only"
shareCachePool="cache"
shareCOW="auto"
shareAllocator="highwater"
shareSplitLevel=""
shareFloor=""
shareExport="-"
shareFruit="no"
shareCaseSensitive="auto"
shareSecurity="public"
shareReadList=""
shareWriteList=""
shareVolsizelimit=""
shareExportNFS="-"
shareExportNFSFsid="0"
shareSecurityNFS="public"
shareHostListNFS=""

differs from what's (pre?)set in the GUI:

slika.thumb.png.a303fe7db178589e969875d29ee4333f.png

The funny thing is, when I go and try and change the primary storage, I dont't seem to be able to (re)select cache.

slika.png.7c3ec5c6f40b16300b45ffd15a2511e6.png

Through the cli, the "isos" directory/folder/however it's called is accessible only via /mnt/user/isos.

Please help.

Edited by sinbrkatetete
diagnostics added; diagnostics removed

You did not include a copy of your system's diagnostics zip file which might have been a good idea?  I would suggest adding them next time around to see if we can spot anything.

Just a thought - go into the config/shares folder on the flash drive and see if there are any .cfg files there that do not correspond to shares you think you should have and if so then delete them just in case one of those is causing problems as your screenshot of the User Shares page looks a bit strange with what look like empty share names.

21 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You did not include a copy of your system's diagnostics zip file which might have been a good idea?  I would suggest adding them next time around to see if we can spot anything.

Just a thought - go into the config/shares folder on the flash drive and see if there are any .cfg files there that do not correspond to shares you think you should have and if so then delete them just in case one of those is causing problems as your screenshot of the User Shares page looks a bit strange with what look like empty share names.

I'm sorry, I'll include it in the original post. To tell you the truth, I though I was helping by listing only what I thought was relevant from the diagnostics package. About the "missing share names", they're not missing, they have been clumsily "redacted" in my attempt to be as private as possible. To hell with it, it'll all be seen in the diagnostics anyway.

Thanks for your time. If you find it in yourself to take another look, now I've posted the diagnostics, I'd be very garetful. Thanks in advance.

Edited by sinbrkatetete
words