Cache Drive full and Mover not appearing to work

dkrutz

while ive found some older posts regarding it, I am struggling to figure out how to solve this problem. I was reincoding all my stuff and it filled up my cache drive. I also have been in the process of changing how I backup my pc to the unraid server etc. the cache drive filled up and now mover doesnt seem to be moving anything even though it say it is. I see reads from the cache drive in the low kbs and writes to my main drives in the mid 30mbps but nothing ever moves off the cache drive. see attached diags. Any help is appreciated and I am sorry if the answer is out there looking at me in the face without me able to find it. 

darktower-diagnostics-20230914-1027.zip

4 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Did all these as well. I did go down the rabbit hole and ran mover stop and then figured mover start had to be the other command in cli and It appeared to be going through files. I think the pc backup program i am using created hashes for all my files and so there are probably loads of tiny little files it has to get through to process the bigger files that will allow my cache drive to return to normal ops. I think ill let this run for a few hours and see where it takes me unless you have more insights. I will report back.

Since you said you had done a lot of conversion recently then 

Sep 14 10:29:00 DarkTower root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share Tdarr set to not use the cache, but files / folders exist on the cache drive

Warning from Fix Common Problems is likely to be relevant.

Having said that not sure why that is being generated as the diagnostics suggest that share is set correctly.   

2 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Since you said you had done a lot of conversion recently then 

Sep 14 10:29:00 DarkTower root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share Tdarr set to not use the cache, but files / folders exist on the cache drive

Warning from Fix Common Problems is likely to be relevant.

Having said that not sure why that is being generated as the diagnostics suggest that share is set correctly.   

i was trying to force all the data from that share onto my main drives and in the process that error popped back up. it is now set to cache --> array 

4 minutes ago, dkrutz said:

i was trying to force all the data from that share onto my main drives and in the process that error popped back up. it is now set to cache --> array 

Ok - that explains that.

Hopefully turning on mover logging will tell you what is going on.   However do not leave that turned on for normal running as it could end up flooding the syslog.