Connect dropdown icon

Go to solution Solved by zspearmint,

Hiya!

Im not sure if this goes here or general support but here is my question:

I have two unraid servers.  On one the Connect dropdown icon in the upper right corner is standard unraid logo, the other is a weird representation of my unraid account name (see image)

image.png.b5b75b8dfca03621d9b747c6e372265f.png

My OCD cannot ignore the goofy icon on the right.  Any thoughts on why this is happening and perhaps even how to fix it?

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Solution

For some reason the avatar on the right is not resolving. This may have something to do with a recent change to the forums and the URL that assets are served from.

At the moment we've removed support for avatar images after signing in to Connect via your server. Eventually these will come back but for the time being you can do one of two things

1. Sign Out then Sign In again
    1. After this you may need to reconfigure any Unraid Connect settings (Flash Backup or Remote Access) at /Settings/ManagementAccess
    2. So make note of any thing there before signing out so you can easily restore what you had previously
  2. Edit the image's URL in the plugin configuration file
    1. The file is here
      /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/myservers.cfg
    2. Then find the section with the avatar value…
      avatar="https://example.com/image.png"

3. Then update it by either removing the URL value or replace it by pasting in your update Forum avatar URL – which I got by right clicking on it here on the forums
      https://upload.forums.unraid.net/live/monthly_2022_10/325664244_greendragonlg.thumb.jpg.432efac5c8987f4ca2466d303a17d32c.jpg

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Arbadacarba said:

Is that a bandaid until the devs fix it or is that the permanent fix? I have the same issue and mine too is missing the "upload" subdomain

Hello I'm the dev on this…it's somewhat of a bandaid fix due to the forum upload URLs changing. As I mentioned in my original response we've removed support for avatar images after signing in to Connect via your server.

So if you want to continue to have your avatar there follow #2 above. Otherwise try #1 to clear out the old image url.

• Thanks 1