Plex remote access stopped working (edit: possibly solved)

danimal86

First of all, sorry for placing this in the General Support area.  I couldn't find a page for the Plex Inc Docker and my search for "Plex Remote Access" didn't come up with anything plex related. 

I had remote access working fine for years but all of a sudden i was noticing that my remote streams were limited to 2mbps and it looked like it was going through the Plex Relay and my server wasn't reachable remotely.  

image.thumb.png.3ddbd2d857992fea0b5715f08eaadf01.png

I have upnp enabled in my asus router but it still doesn't seem to work.  I tried setting up a port forwarding (external & internal ports set to 32400 and internal ip 192.168.1.99) and selected the Manually Specified Public Port in plex, but it still doesn't work.  

Anyone have any ideas?  I haven't changed anything network related for years, so i dont think its a double NAT issue, but i dont completely understand it.  

Edit: i had a remote stream going and it was playing indirect 

image.png.a13b9151e6735d3491f0f2b141c17c4e.png

The only think i have changed recently is installed jellyfin, so i deleted the docker and when i checked back on Remote Access in plex it was all green, but now its back to red.  

Edit2:

This is bizarre.  I have a vpn setup through built in wireguard.  I have Sabnzbd setup to go through the vpn (i use ssl but cant be too safe) but plex is on Host mode.  I went and dissabled the vpn on wireguard and BAM!  All green and running a remote test it all working fine.  

How the hell did that affect my plex? 

image.png.4d8b11f4738a4782defc475da7917e91.png

Edited by danimal86
  • danimal86 changed the title to Plex remote access stopped working (edit: possibly solved)