HBA/Expander For RM43-320-RS

Just curious if someone can recommend a good HBA card to use with this case?  The backplane on the Silverstone RM43-320-RS has 5 ports that I assume connect to 5 ports on an HBA card?  When I was researching, I heard about only using 1 cable or (2 cables) for more bandwidth to connect all 20 hard drives but I don't know how to do that or how that would be implemented.

Assuming the above is resolved, how would I then connect a DAS to the Silverstone RM43-320-RS?  Do I need a second card that has 2 external ports or is there 1 card that would do everything?  Thanks.

45 minutes ago, Mogo said:

I heard about only using 1 cable or (2 cables) for more bandwidth to connect all 20 hard drives

That will only work if the backplane has a SAS expander, and based on this it doesn't look like it:

46 minutes ago, Mogo said:

The backplane on the Silverstone RM43-320-RS has 5 ports

So you need one HBA plus an expander or multiple HBAs

Thanks, I think I see what you mean.  Just two more question then. 

Assuming there is an hba card and an expander card (to connect to a das) installed on the motherboard, do you need to connect the expander to the hba?  If so and let's say i had the 5 cables from the case and only 2 ports on an hba, can i connect the other 3 cables to the expander? 

Edited by Mogo