We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Help with Excesive Rebuild Times

I have been dealing with this issue for 6 months now but here is my most recent issue.

I woke up this morning with an 8 TB drive with 2 errors and note that contents are being emulated. I took drive out formatted it and put it back in and when started up the disk was being recreated as expected.

The issue is the recreation time change from 30 days to 180 days and is running at 1 Mbps.

As mentioned I have been dealing with this issue for 6 months now since I update my system with a new MB and CPU. I operated without Parity for about 4 months as the PArtity build was going to take over a year to build. About a month ago I installed my 3rd MB to see if I could get it working better I was able to do a Parity build in 36 hours or so so I thought all was good.

All seemed to be good until this morning when I had a measly 2 errors and now I am back to 6 months to rebuild a drive that had 2 TB of data on it.

So I have a couple of questions here.

First is what could be the cause that would result in a Parity build taking 2 years or rebuilding 2 TB of lost data on a drive taking 6 months? I am now on my 3rd MB and now have one with 6 Sata ports so all 6 drives on connected to the MB. I have replaced every Sata cable numerous times and have probably have gone through 20 or 30. Again, all was good about a month ago when I crated Parity but now it is a no go.

Since I have been trying for 6 months to resolve the above and have no idea on how to resolve the issue is there a way that I can just not do a rebuild from Parity and just be able to add the lost data as that would take a few hours and not 6 months?

Thanks in advance for any insight.