Unsupported or no file system on disk after Unraid update from 6.11.5 to 6.12.4

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello,

I updated from Unraid 6.11.5 to 6.12.4 the other day and noticed one of my disks has the following error: "Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system". I did a full reboot but unfortunately that didn't fix the issue. I ran the system update from the Firefox browser (which I guess I won't do anymore lol). Diagnostics attached.

Thanks so much for your help.

tower-diagnostics-20231002-2340.zip

On 10/3/2023 at 4:11 AM, JorgeB said:

Thanks for the reply!

I ran the xfs_repair through the UI after putting the system in maintenance mode and get the following output:

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
Phase 2 - using internal log - zero log...
ERROR: The filesystem has valuable metadata changes in a log which needs to be replayed. Mount the filesystem to replay the log, and unmount it before re-running xfs_repair. If you are unable to mount the filesystem, then use the -L option to destroy the log and attempt a repair. Note that destroying the log may cause corruption -- please attempt a mount of the filesystem before doing this.

So I ran

mkdir /mnt/tmp
mount /dev/sdd1 /mnt/tmp

But I get

mount: /mnt/tmp: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdd1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error.

I noticed the wiki specifically talks about /dev/mdx devices but mine are all /dev/sdx still so I'm wondering if I'm missing something?

Thanks so much for your help.