Exclusive Access cannot be enabled only for appdata

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello everyone!

Today, I made some upgrades to my HP MicroServer Gen 8 (RAM/CPU/NVMe), which has been running the same Unraid installation since late 2016 (what a long and stable way since 6.2, a big thank you to the whole team btw). I had planned to install a new 2TB NVMe SSD for cache/Docker appdata in place of my 256GB SATA SSD. I followed the documentation to the letter, but I'm encountering a strange issue with my /appdata.

I believe I have a very similar problem to this one because I'm getting the same error message: "Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share appdata set to cache-only, but files / folders exist on the array."

The difference from the topic above is that my /appdata directory at the root of my array is not empty, and the changes I make inside it are instantly reflected on my NVMe SSD (and vice versa).

I enabled the exclusive access property a few days ago (following an update from 6.11.x to 6.12.4), which is working on my other three shares on my NVMe SSD, and I can see the symlinks there

image.png.cda5a8d9a346105bd1d2b58f47fd33bd.png

image.thumb.png.4321c7c16ed8280453fcb6adddb4ef41.png

I've temporarily disabled Docker.

Since I'm afraid to delete this directory, I tried renaming it aggressively :

mv /mnt/user/appdata/ /mnt/user/appdata2/

But it didn't change anything except the directory was also renamed on the NVMe SSD (I renamed it back to /appdata).

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

unraid-diagnostics-20231004-2351.zip

• Solution
11 hours ago, Londinium said:

/appdata directory at the root of my array is not empty, and the changes I make inside it are instantly reflected on my NVMe SSD (and vice versa).

Don't see how this is possible, maybe you are accessing the share by /mnt/user?

You just need to move/delete the files from /mnt/disk1/appdata