network.cfg does not auto regenerate

RadOD

I have not used my Unraid server for over a year due to illness and it has endured a couple moves.  I am trying to get it up and running again but I cannot make a network connection to either the MB NIC or PCIE card NIC (Intel x540).  I deleted the network.cfg and rebooted but nothing happens - no /config/network.cfg file is autogenerated.  

Is there a way to get it to create the file?  Is there a log file somewhere that will tell me if there is some further system corruption causing the problem? Is there a way to repair or create a new USB drive without loss of data?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 7:35 AM, JorgeB said:

This is normal, only after you change something it will be generated, but it will still revert to DHCP defaults and work without a cfg file.

I am having the same issue.

/boot/config/network.cfg  and /boot/config/network-rules.cfg files were deleted using the rm command. After a reboot,

/boot/config/network-rules.cfg was automagically recreated, but /boot/config/network.cfg was not.

My goal is to reset the network from a static IP address to a DHCP address on a new subnet from a DHCP server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by cjonesinbgwa

IRC i have seen it mentioned in multiple places the both files are supposed to be recreated if deleted and the system rebooted. 

I would like to get the system back on the network  (DHCP) with out losing any of the configuration and app/docker/vm installs being lost as they would be in a reinstall of unraid onto the USB flash drive.

I could recreate the network.cfg file by hand if I had a copy of the original/default file... Can anyone provide a copy of the contents that I an use to manually recreate it in the /boot/config/ directory?