need advice on parity rebuild

Jonathan

Due to a slip-up by my supplier, my x2 new parity disks arrived on different days.

When the first disk arrived, i bunged into the server, and rebuilt parity.  Done.

Now the second parity disk has arrived, and i have allocated it to its slot, and we are doing another parity sync.

Will UnRaid do some sort of background process now, that says "parity 1 - you handle this stuff, and parity 2 - you handle other stuff" ?????

34 minutes ago, larachbeg said:

Jonathan

Due to a slip-up by my supplier, my x2 new parity disks arrived on different days.

When the first disk arrived, i bunged into the server, and rebuilt parity.  Done.

Now the second parity disk has arrived, and i have allocated it to its slot, and we are doing another parity sync.

Will UnRaid do some sort of background process now, that says "parity 1 - you handle this stuff, and parity 2 - you handle other stuff" ?????

Unsure what you mean by that. The 2 parity disks are not reliant on each other, they both handle all the disks, and each one can emulate any other failed disk using the rest of the data drives.