you need permission to perform this action

Go to solution Solved by Frank1940,

• 8 months later...
On 10/23/2023 at 8:44 AM, akhisyahmi said:

I edit all my docker qbit, sonarr, radarr and etc to UMASK 000 and now that seems to fix it. 

do you have a picture of where this is? i dont have umask in my docker settings.

Edited by crazycajun

While in the Edit option of the Docker dropdown, make sure that you have clicked on the 'Show more settings' dropdown. 

If it not there, go to the support link for that Docker and ask this question there. 

NOTE:  Setting the UMASK variable is not required unless that directories created in the User Shares by that Docker container are not 777.  (Files should be 666.  It could be 777 but that setting is not recommended for strictly data files.)  

This does not apply to any files in the   appdata   share.  That share is  intended to accessed by only Docker containers to store their files in.  A Share Access user should ever have to access   appdata   share for data!  The owner, group and permissions are set to permit the Docker container to access files for its own use.

Edited by Frank1940