Re-arrange "data" user share with movies/series subfolders to multiple user shares (per subfolder)

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

All,

I am re-arranging my user shares from:

into:

I have done extensive searching, but failed to find solid advise if this is as simple as mv command in /mnt/user/data to move all subfolders to /mnt/user/ which would *magically* align the (underlying) cache and disks folder structure?

Reason to do it this way (instead of making new shares and moving data from the subfolder to the new shares) is that there is a lot of data to move. If I can prevent moving actual data by just changing the folder pointer, it could be done in a second. Maybe I need to manually change each folder structure on the cache and disks as well...?

Anyways, I am afraid I somehow will wreck the disk/share framework Unraid is using and lose data, so looking for guidance. What would work?

regards, Michiel

This worked, thanks!

I just tested it by moving

/mnt/user/data/test-share

to 

/mnt/user/test-share

and indeed all files in this folder scattered over different drives and cache where moved in the background to the destination.

Note that apparently SMB will restart, i.e. any SMB connection with the server will be reset.