New server extremely slow

Hi,

I'm new to Unraid and currently running a trial. In the last 1 week the GUI has become unbearably slow taking 5 minutes or more to open things like settings or apps, etc. Sometime things don't even end up opening. 

My machine has i5 8500T and 8GB DDR4 RAM. 

I am not running a lot of plugins or containers. Anything I could do about this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. 

rain-diagnostics-20231025-1222.zip

6 minutes ago, Resserene said:

I just checked again and surprisingly found the GUI very snappy without any apparent reason. Rebooted it out of safe mode and it is still snappy. However, I'm getting the following error - 

USB flash drive failure: 25-10-2023 15:09
Alert [RAIN] - USB drive is not read-write
Cruzer_Blade (sda)

That suggests a problem with the flash drive.    The original diagnostics posted did not show a problem, but new ones might.

I formatted the drive and got an error (screenshot included). 267467209_CleanShot2023-10-25at17_47.31@2x.jpg.239965aa1a085a3ce8a7e25173b73255.jpg

I'm assuming the drive is defective and the problem I was facing was because of it?

So, I installed the flash backup on another drive. But it is not allowing me to resume my Unraid trial because of the drive change. It says -

"The registered GUID does not match the USB Flash boot device GUID

Trial installations are only valid with the originally registered USB Flash device.

To continue using this installation with this USB Flash device, you may purchase a Registration key."

So at this point I either purchase a product that has already been problematic since the beginning or start a new trial losing all the work I did in the last 10 days?

45 minutes ago, Resserene said:

I formatted the drive and got an error (screenshot included). 267467209_CleanShot2023-10-25at17_47.31@2x.jpg.239965aa1a085a3ce8a7e25173b73255.jpg

I'm assuming the drive is defective and the problem I was facing was because of it?

So, I installed the flash backup on another drive. But it is not allowing me to resume my Unraid trial because of the drive change. It says -

"The registered GUID does not match the USB Flash boot device GUID

Trial installations are only valid with the originally registered USB Flash device.

To continue using this installation with this USB Flash device, you may purchase a Registration key."

So at this point I either purchase a product that has already been problematic since the beginning or start a new trial losing all the work I did in the last 10 days?

If you copy your existing .key file into the config folder on the new flash drive then you will get taken through the licence transfer process as described here in the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page. The Unraid OS->Manual section in particular covers most features of the current Unraid release.  If you still encounter problems then contact support.