Manually Specify Plex Port - UNRAID Docker

Skatman

So, I've been having issues with port forwarding from external addresses on my Plex Server with UNRAID.

The ports for the docker are:

image.png.2f5ed5585076204b11f6616b4348a573.png

I want it to run externally on port 54321, so the route should look like this:

Internet -> 54321 -> ISP Router -> 54321 -> Docker (54321) -> Plex (32400).

Historically, I had a different firewall in between the ISP Router and Docker which performed PAT, but I've removed that now and so want to ensure the traffic from the ISP router on TCP/UDP port 54321 gets to the Plex server on 32400.

Can someone help with this?

2 minutes ago, Holt said:

Try the Hotio's Plex docker, it's very easy to setup and I have not had any issues since I have installed it. In the template you can easly modify the external port by just changing its default value (32400) to whatever you want.

Thanks, issue is I would then have to set it all up again with Database etc wouldn't I? What option on the docker container did you change?

On 10/27/2023 at 5:46 PM, JonathanM said:

Mapped ports don't do anything unless you are in bridge mode. Right now it's showing host, so port mapping is ignored, and all changes must be done in the app itself.

Great, thanks for letting me know. Is there a way of doing what I need to in the app then? Changing the setting in the server settings doesn't seem to work. It puts it into indirect play mode which results in streaming 480p or less.