Is it possible to use my unraid server instead of my desktop pc for my every day pc usage?

Hello unraid community,

first of all, please excuse my ignorance on that issue and my wording, but I had the following thought, and I was wondering if it is possible:

I have my unraid server in my basement and my desktop pc in my room, both connected via a 1G ethernet cable.

I use my unraid server only for plex and nothing else, and it is running 24/7. I recently upgraded all the hardware, and now it is more powerful than my desktop pc.

Since I don't use my desktop pc for gaming any more, I removed the 2080ti (power consumption and noise) and have been using the i9's onboard graphic since then.

All the stuff I do on my pc now, my unraid server could easily handle.

So my idea was to remove my desktop pc completely, maybe put some hardware like the GPU in the server and then somehow do all my desktop stuff via my server, but it should look like Windows 10 on my monitor then.

Is that a good idea, and is that even possible?

How would I connect mouse, keyboard and monitor, if there is only an ethernet connection between the basement and my room, which is 2 levels above? Maybe there is some kind of fancy docking station that connects USB devices via lan?

If it is possible, I would appreciate if you guys could tell me some issues or keywords, so I know where I have to start my research.

Thanks in advance

If you are ok with max 1080p, something like this should work.

https://www.tesmart.com/collections/hdmi-kvm-extender/products/tesmart-120m-hdmi-extender-kvm-over-tcp-ip-ethernet-via-single-cat5e-6-cable-1080p-with-ir-up-to-120m

I don't have one, but watched a review that looked pretty good.

I've been looking to upgrade to something like that, right now I'm using a monoprice hdmi over cat5e, but that requires a dedicated point to point cable, it doesn't plug into your existing LAN setup like what I linked, or carry keyboard and mouse.

HDMI KVM over IP is what you can search.