Shares disappear when docker is running

halt95

Hello, after changing my CPU, and adding a new drive, i have found that im having problems with docker containers making all shares go missing/disappear. in krusader the user folder empties. a restart fixes this for a short period of 10 minutes until shares go missing again.

i'm very unsure as to what would be causing this as the new disk is still being pre cleared.

Thanks

Halt95.

arthur-diagnostics-20231102-0109.zip

Edited by halt95
  • halt95 changed the title to Shares disappear when docker is running

All the shares are back with an uptime of 1hr.20 mins. Changes made since restart: Updated to 6.12.4 - reseated power/sata cable for disk 5. Hard power cycled.

I'm now able to access and utilize all docker containers as normal without the shares disappearing?

T6h8QTO.png

Edited by halt95

Tried this script but didn't work for me. still getting open file limit exceeded on all containers.

I have a replacement samsung USB drive,motherboard & CPU arriving on saturday.

The issue of missing shares and open file limit on docker containers started occuring after i changed CPU & added a new data drive (still needs to be precleared.)

Woke up today after leaving a parity check to do overnight with disk 1 in error state - disabled and content emulated.

rebooted the server around 14 hours ago. disk 1 disabled around 9 hours ago. logs say there's nothing wrong with disk?

I have only been running 4-5 containers such as z2m/homebridge/codeproject ai/mosquitto & Plex - these do not make the shares disappear.

I am able to run my VM with no problem - does not interact with the array or cache pool.

With disk 1 disabled, now trying to see if shares drop with all containers running as needed.

arthur-diagnostics-20231104-1034.zip

1 hour ago, halt95 said:

logs say there's nothing wrong with disk?

What makes you say this - there are lots of errors relating to disk1 in the syslog.  They started off as read errors but eventually you got write errors as well which would be why the drive was disabled.

could just be a power or SATA cabling issue so worth checking these out.

23 minutes ago, itimpi said:

What makes you say this - there are lots of errors relating to disk1 in the syslog.  They started off as read errors but eventually you got write errors as well which would be why the drive was disabled.

could just be a power or SATA cabling issue so worth checking these out.

i see the syslog disk errors but i dont see any SMART changes?

All shares disappeared again with all containers running

Edited by halt95
20 minutes ago, halt95 said:

i see the syslog disk errors but i dont see any SMART changes?

That is one reason why i suggested that you check the cabling.

it is quite possible for a disk to fail with no obvious SMART indication.   You can try the extended SMART test as if that fails the drive needs replacing.

Replacement parts have arrived. First trying a samsung 32GB Bar Plus - manually installed UNRAID and copied over only my config file and logs folder. Server is back up and running, CPU utilization has dropped from around 80% to 20%. Shares still here.

upon plugging in my old usb drive, windows asked me to scan & repair the usb drive. Wondering if my old one is could of been the cause of shares going missing. Will leave all containers open and vms as normal overnight to see if shares disappear again before upgrading my CPU or swapping mobo.

Would CPU being pinned to 100% cause shares to temporarily shutdown?

EDIT: 20:12 shares disappeared again... frustrating because i don't know what the actual problem is or lies. will be upgrading cpu and replacing mobo now to see if it's hardware related.

Edited by halt95
update

Ok so i have ran a parity error correcting check and disk 1 went disabled again part way through again, this was after the cables were replaced. A ssd was showing a few errors but i think i saw that its normal for the CT500MX.

hopefully there's something in these logs to indicate where the problem could be.

arthur-diagnostics-20231107-1146.zip

0lCa71F.png

Edited by halt95