Need help not loosing 16TB of data :(

Running two Unraid 6.12.4 servers.  Am trying to consolidate data so I purchased another refurbished 16TB drive, ran it through pre-clear which passed and then moved 15.5TB of my data to it.

5 days later the drive just died...won't power up at all.

No worries, right, I have a spare 16TB drive just for these situations and should be able to rebuild it from parity...but it won't work.  I get the message:

Stopped. Invalid configuration. Too many wrong and/or missing disks!

I am perplexed...have read many posts and watched yt videos but nothing seems to be clear on how to fix this.

here is the screenshot of the config:

I read that I should go to 'tools->New Config' ...but the see the warning:

DO NOT USE THIS UTILITY THINKING IT WILL REBUILD A FAILED DRIVE - it will have the opposite effect of making it impossible to rebuild an existing failed drive - you have been warned!

what do to...i really need to rebuild this data using the Parity Drive...but cannot get started.

any suggestions?

unraid-towerii.png

towerii-diagnostics-20231103-2232.zip

All good thanks.

I know the best thing to do is be patient and take it slow.  Unfortunately because I cannot start the server my VM is down and i rely on it for my security cameras (Blue Iris) and also its my print server...

but yes any guidance on how I can recover the data to the spare drive is appreciated. 

Thank you all in advance for advice,

d

Edited by durableman

The problem is that your screen shot shows you have two disabled drives and only single parity.  It looks as if at some point in the past you unassigned disk1 and then started the array and have been running unprotected since then.

Not sure at the moment of the best way to proceed.  Cannot think of any way to recover the data off that drive if it really has failed.