(solved) unRAID 6.9.2 - /var/log is getting full (currently 100 % used)

openam
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I transplanted all the internals to a new case with a new modular PSU, and now I'm missing disk 5. I had a spare unassigned device in a another port that wasn't in the array, so I tried to plug disk 5 into that SATA cable and power cable, but it's still not reading it. Is there anything else I should try to do to see if it'll come back, or I'm I just hosed at this point and need to start over?

image.thumb.png.3ac4b98505a27eab21599a36f6815b3b.png

The pre-clear has finished, and I was able to find the classic bios mode. Disk 5 is not recognizable by the bios. I found where it showed the disks in the bios, unplugged all the disks and connected disk 5 to P4 on the motherboard. When I booted it back up it didn't see anything except the USB device.

What's the best way to save most of the remaining data? I'm half tempted make the assumption that all the disks are fine except disk 5, and say just rebuild disk 5. Does that seem like a crazy solution? Is that even possible?

image.thumb.png.3257499c0609512816c6ec404a33b02b.pngimage.png.6d441d9e533d1acc41cf4ae8f285cc2f.png

preclear_disk_2EJABBEX_15770.txt

• Solution

You can try to force enable disk3 to see if disk5 can be emulated, but this will only work if parity is still valid:

-Tools -> New Config -> Retain current configuration: All -> Apply
-Check all assignments and assign any missing disk(s) if needed, including the new disk5, replacement disk should be same size or larger than the old one
-IMPORTANT - Check both "parity is already valid" and "maintenance mode" and start the array (note that the GUI will still show that data on parity disk(s) will be overwritten, this is normal as it doesn't account for the checkbox, but it won't be as long as it's checked)
-Stop array
-Unassign disk5
-Start array (in normal mode now), and post new diags.

• openam changed the title to (solved) unRAID 6.9.2 - /var/log is getting full (currently 100 % used)