I WANT TO TRY HOSTING MY OWN EMAIL

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2023 at 7:39 AM, PSYCHOPATHiO said:

I host my email server with 4 domains, need help maybe? its a bit complicated to keep secure. Checkout mailcow as a start

EDIT: for testing you mail domain mxtoolbox.com

Ok, so far I can send mail to a couple email providers (Google and Disroot) but I am still trying to receive mail. I think the issue is my pfSense firewall. I'm sure I have to make a rule or something to route traffic to the correct IP?

3 hours ago, peace-keeping-villa8590 said:

Yes but I don’t know how to route incoming traffic on port 25 to my mail server in pfSense. All the services I host are done through Cloudflare tunnels. I don’t think I can host an email server though a tunnel?

Well I'm not sure if I can help here, I don't have any experience with the tunneling of Cloudflare, can u do port forwarding on your ISP router? If yes then you have to

• Create dynamic DNS on pfSense and connect it to a subdomain on your Cloudflare, under Services click on Dynamic DNS
  • Portfoward port 25 from ISP router to your pfSense instance IP
  • In pfSense under the tab Firewall go to NAT and add the port 25 and forward it to your email server IP address

I guess you can find YouTube videos on any of the things required to complete the setup